Chapter 40

Her grip on the glock tightened. "I.." Scarlet trailed off and Denzel had his hand out protectively guarding Scarlet. "You are on our side," Denzel said sternly, "Put it down." She merely huffed and her grip tightened. Scarlet glanced at Denzel and back at Amy swiftly.

In one quick motion, the room seemed to blur. A flicker of light emerged. The room tilted and swayed. The room seemed tight and breaths stopped. Scarlet winced and grunts emerged. A blur of a shadow buzzed by and the gun had fallen to the floor. Sylvia shoved Sylvie against the window and pinned her wrists together. She gritted her teeth and spat.

"You should be on our side," Sylvie muttered as her brows furrowed. Denzel quickly picked up the gun and pointed it at the twins. Sylvia glanced to the side before slamming Sylvie to the ground. His aim grew unsteady as Sylvie quickly pounced up and aggressively kicked Sylvia. Without a second to lose, Sylvie threw a small pocket knife which punctured Denzel's shoulder. A few sporadic loud bangs followed and Sylvia stumbled backwards while hunching over a bit before Sylvie slammed Sylvia to the ground. Scarlet put her hand over her mouth. "Denzel," A still voice emerged from Scarlet's small radio. A stilled groan eerily whimpered as the gun slowly slipped out of Denzel's hand. "We need-" The voice broke off as quickly as it came.

"Oh my," Scarlet trailed off. Sylvia rolled over and her palms were stained red while Sylvie clenched her teeth as she held onto her side. "The bullets...," Scarlet trailed off once more as she furrowed her brow. Denzel took a step forward and he felt his heart pound against his chest. All the music came from his racing heart as he rolled her onto her back.

Scarlet without a word grabbed a cable from her coat and approached Sylvie. She hissed as Scarlet tied her hands together with the thick cable. "You wi," She winced and her breathing grew shallow. "Might as well hold your tongue," Scarlet said steadily.

She forced herself to stand up as Denzel put his hand out for her to grab. Sylvia dismissively brushed him away and made her way towards the window sill. Her hand was wrapped around her side. "You should not-" Denzel began. Sylvia pushed herself over the window sill and landed on her feet as gracefully as a doe would without a second thought. "Stay here," Scarlet said as she swiftly glanced at Denzel. Scarlet took off after Sylvia swiftly.

Celica's lungs burned and she coughed vigorously as she made her way through the thick smoke. "I hope you know what you are doing," Nathan said steadily. "Can say the same to you," Celica said as she glanced in Amy's direction briefly. As the smoke cleared, Nathan walked in front of the group. "Ready?" He questioned before taking a deep breath. "Ready," Celica said firmly. He opened the large doors and cool air rushed past the group instantly.

Dust flew around the room and the creaking of the door made room for the emmersing trio. "Stay close to me," Celica whispered as she gazed all around the spacious halls. Amy held her side and a frown made its way upon her pale face.

The doors slammed shut quickly and Celica spun on her heel defensively. Her eyes darted around almost timidly. An unsettling pit formed in her stomach.

"Oh well, would you look at who we have here?"

Nathan grabbed Amy by her wrist. Celica pivoted and gestured for the group to continue. Nathan glanced around uneasily while keeping an eye on Amy from time to time as well. The creaking of the floorboards as they proceeded forward haunted the halls and the crisp air amplified the eerie atmosphere.

"Hey," A frail whisper emerged. A small figure behind a barely opened door peeked out and gestured for the trio. A trail of blood dripped from her wrist and her disheveled hair covered the majority of her pale face. "Her voice," Nathan mumbled faintly as he paused in his footsteps. Celica glanced at Nathan as he took a step forward in the girls direction. "President," He questioned, "But why are you here?" Amy held her side and took a deep breath. "The president?" Celica asked as her brow furrowed. She took a trembling step forward and her gaze caught Nathan's. Despite the weariness in her face, she limped over to the trio so gracefully. She heaved in and out heavily as if tons of bricks were laid upon her chest. "Get out," She muttered, "While you still can." Amaia put her hand to her head.