Chapter 32

Sylvia sighed heavily as her short hair swayed in the gusts of wind. She gazed up into the sky yearningly and she felt that weight in the pit of her stomach. Uncertainty was churning in the depths of her guts.

"You wanted me?" Sylvia glanced to the side.

"Yes, I did," Sylvia said faintly.

Celica sat down beside Sylvia. "What did you want?" Celica asked nonchalantly. Sylvia put her hands on her lap and glanced at Celica. "I wanted to talk to you, you know, take you up on that offer," Sylvia said gently. "Oh why yes of course," Celica said as concern and surprise seemed to glimmer in her doe eyes.

"I am starting to feel like I do not know what to do anymore," Sylvia admitted, "I feel so lost." Celica nodded and Sylvia glanced away. "I mean at this point I basically lost everything and everyone. By the time Genesis is done... anything left will be gone from me. She never stops until she succeeds." Sylvia huffed and fiddled with her fingers, "I know what she is trying to do. Break me and I... am starting to feel as though she is."

"Yeah, I know everything has been hard for you," Celica gazed at Sylvia and put her hand on her shoulder, "Understandably so." The bags underneath her eyes were undeniable. "I would be surprised if you did know what to do in a situation like this, but you are handling all of this better than most ever would." Celica raised her brow and Sylvia huffed, "You are a lot stronger than you give yourself credit for because heh if I were going through what you were I would have given up a long time ago to be honest with you." Sylvia rubbed the back of her neck.

"I am here for a reason, Sylvia. I want to help you and that is why the rest of them are here for you too," She said as she pointed back to the small building, "Genesis took things from us too." Celica clenched her teeth and her small fists tightened gradually as she spoke further.

"It is not my place to tell others business, but I can say mine." Celica gazed into Sylvia's eyes, "I can understand how you are feeling," Celica paused, "I... well.. lost my brother...," She looked down, "He was a security guard and died due to the sudden riots caused by Genesis." Sylvia managed to gaze back at Celica, "...I am sorry for your loss." "It is alright. I will make my peace with my loss when Genesis is gone and I am sure you will do the same." Sylvia nodded and said, "I will." Celica grasped Sylvia's hands, "I know that losing a sibling is hard or just others in general," Tears pricked Celica's eyes as she spoke, "But you have to find ways to keep yourself going, no matter how small that reason may be." Celica embraced Sylvia warmly, "I understand what you are going through Sylvia. I know it hurts and I can understand the pain that you feel." The two separated shortly and Sylvia sniffed briefly. "Thank you Celica I honestly really needed that." She nodded and gave a small smile.

"Genesis caused those riots though?" Sylvia questioned as Celica nodded, "Sure did Sylvia she may have acted like she was innocent to the public, but some of us knew the truth. My brother did, but Genesis managed to keep everyone quiet. She had a reputation to keep at the time and prohibiting everyone from speaking sure did quite the job for her." "I am not exactly surprised to hear this," Sylvia admitted rather pitifully. "Ditto," Celica said, "Classic manipulation tactics are something to expect from politicians you know," Sylvia nodded. "Wait.. how do you know she caused it." "My brother informed me, but surprise surprise," She looked down, "He is gone." Sylvia looked away as Celica sighed, "What I am trying to say Sylvia is that," She put her hand on her shoulder, "One way or another we will put a stop to this. You may feel lost right now and I know you are having a hard time." Her gaze turned back to Sylvia. "But I think.. No, I know that you are going to get through this Sylvia."