Chapter 21

Sylvie took a small step forward before leaning over a pristine balcony. Her ebony hair swayed as gusts of cool wind went by and she adjusted her flashy palm gloves steadily. She gazed thoroughly at the surroundings below her before she took a slow profound breath. She began fiddling with her soft thumbs restlessly before stretching here and there.

“What a great day,” She mumbled underneath her breath as the gusts of wind blew by promptly and as a warm smile settled across her now beaming face. She took a moment to observe the fluffy clouds that were rolling in the azure sky.

“It is almost time,” A stern voice said nonchalantly. Sylvie turned around with her brow raised as Genesis walked over to her quickly. “That is good,” Sylvie said vacantly. “In the meantime, I have something that you could do,” Genesis said, her strict tone unwavering as Sylvie brightened up almost instantly once more, “And I need you to do this correctly, got that little one?” “Of course,” Sylvie said as her brow raised, “Whatever you need me to do,” Sylvie’s gaze locked on her aunt’s forest colored eyes, “I will do it.” Genesis put her hand on Sylvie’s shoulder and smiled calmly.

“That is very much appreciated,” Genesis said gently as she put her hands behind her back slowly. “I will not disappoint you,” Sylvie said determinedly, seriousness etched in both her tone and facial expression. “Good,” Genesis said gently before she handed Sylvie a silver caliber.

“Well then let me see what ya got then Sylvie,” Sylvie took the small weapon from Genesis, “I am sure that I can count on you to complete this mission.” Sylvie glanced up at Genesis, “I will explain what you need to do on the way, now let us get going.”

“Have you ever taken someone’s life before?” Genesis asked nonchalantly as her and Sylvie walked down a narrow hall. Their footsteps bounced off the hollow walls and echoes followed suit. “No,” Sylvie said faintly, “I have not.” Genesis glanced briefly at her niece, her gaze swirling with indecipherable intentions. “So this may be your first,” Genesis muttered quietly, “Regardless, remember what I taught you.”

“Oh of course,” Sylvie’s gaze just for a moment settled onto Genesis, “All those hours we spent training for this very moment will not go to waste.” The two quieted down as they approached two huge double doors. Sylvie took a deep breath as she pressed her ear up to the door while Genesis stood calmly besides her.

With great wariness, Sylvie opened the huge door and it creaked open slowly. She scanned her surroundings thoroughly, cautiously walking into a much larger room than she had expected. Her azure eyes were darting from place to place as she adjusted her jet black mask. The lavish curtains that swayed due to the open windows caught her attention. “So what do you think,” Genesis said nonchalantly.

“Someone had to be here recently,” Sylvie said as she walked further into the room and stumbled upon a mug, “This coffee is still warm.” Her grip on her silver caliber tightened. “Good observation,” Genesis remarked fervently. “How are you so calm right now?” Sylvie questioned quietly. “You get used to doing things like this after a while I suppose,” Genesis said softly as she shrugged casually, ”You get used to it after awhile.” Sylvie shifted swiftly, spinning on her toes with ease. Her squinted eyes darted around the room, yet her eyes did not pick up on anybody.

“Who is the target?” Sylvie said impatiently. “Andrew,” Genesis said without hesitation, “Andrew Palcott.” “What is this guy like?” Sylvie said faintly, her voice seemingly like a growl.

“Well little one he is dense, yet he is Amaia’s  vice president.” Sylvie glared up at Genesis and scoffed, “Why go after this guy and not the actual president?” "He is an important pawn right now," Genesis said gently.

Sylvie's glare sharpened as her tone of voice steadied swiftly, “What the hell, you know if we took out Amaia you could be-” Genesis heaved her arms over her chest slowly, “You are too quick in your decision making," Genesis said urgently. Sylvie paused right in her tracks, “What?” “You need to think ahead of your opponent at all times," Genesis said, folding her hands behind her back.

Sylvie clenched her fist as Genesis said faintly, “Just trust me.” Sylvie grumbled something inaudibly. Sylvie’s head whipped up as she dashed immediately and her hands did not fail to clench her silver weapon firmly. A window shut quickly and the curtains swayed hastily.

“Hey!”

Sylvie sprinted over to the now closed window as soon as possible and she spotted her target sliding down from the sturdy roof. The lavish curtains swayed as she hastily took a few steps backwards and as she stuffed her caliber into her ebony gun holster. With no time to waste, she jumped through the large window effortlessly using her weight to shatter the pristine window. She had jumped in such a way that allowed her to grab the silver pole that the man had slid down. Sylvie slid down the pole and reached the dense concrete effortlessly.

“Where the hell are you?” She muttered under her breath grumpily as she removed the shards of glass from her ebony clothing. Her jaw was clenched as she began pulling out her small tracking device. “Little one, do not always rely on technology to aid you in missions like these,” Genesis said gently, gazing at the tracking device in Sylvie’s firm grasp blankly, “You might not have it with you one day you know.” "Yeah," Sylvie mumbled dismissively, "Yeah."

Sylvie cleared her throat before lowering her tracker and she adjusted her ebony mask one last time. She lowered her brows and said fiercely, "Let us play." Sylvie glanced at Genesis who in return gave her a quick look of approval. Sylvie did not hesitate to toss a smoke bomb at the dense ground and she exhaled deeply. "Now we will let the games begin," She said firmly, before she hid herself completely in the dull smoke.