Chapter 25

Genesis and Sylvie wandered down a long hall side by side. "So," Sylvie said softly as her gaze settled on the emerald lamps lighting up the hall, "What is it that you wanted to show me?" Genesis glanced at Sylvie before promptly looking forward again. A deafening silence loomed between the two like a thick fog as they walked from there on out. As they reached the end of the hall, Genesis huffed before opening the secured door quickly.

Sylvie practically held her breath as the door swung open revealing a large ominous place. Carvings were engraved everywhere on the stone walls and forest colored lamps illuminated the eerie place. “This is what I wanted to show you,” Genesis said plainly while she outstretched her hand to Sylvie.

Sylvie gazed up at Genesis before taking her hand in hers, “You accepted my deal for power,” Genesis’ eyes flashed emerald for just a moment and Sylvie nearly jumped out of her own skin, “And I am keeping my word. After this, who knows maybe we could go ahead and have a chat with Amaia."

Genesis led Sylvie to the center of the room and Sylvie observed the dead roses in the pots scattered across the room along with the scattered candles. The paintings hanging on the walls caught her attention as well and from the looks of it it seemed to be several different battle scenes. Genesis cleared her throat as she sat down in the center of the room calmly. Sylvie did the same of course and slowly sat down as well.

Genesis sighed slowly and glanced at Sylvie before saying gently, "Give me your hands." As the two grabbed hands the carvings on the wall illuminated an emerald green. "Thank you for deciding to help me, Sylvie," Genesis said earnestly as Sylvie began to feel lightheaded, "Now, you will begin your own journey little one." Genesis could not help but smile happily, "Just like I did when I was younger." She cupped Sylvie’s face while humming softly.

"Now you will embrace your true self and I will guide you during this," Sylvie felt her consciousness slipping from her as Genesis rested her hand on Sylvie's chin, “How wonderful my little one."

Amy breathed heavily and her head hung low. Her raspy gasps escaped her parted lips and her damp hair dangled between her barely squinted eyes. She blinked rapidly and bit her bottom lip roughly as her eyes burned. The chains rattled beneath her and echoed as she shifted rigidly. She swore that she could see flowers even though the room was dark.

“Tell me what you know,” A voice said nonchalantly as Amy clenched her teeth. “I would never do that,” Amy said firmly while she clenched her fists, “You know that.” They retorted steadily, “What makes you think I will not get what I need out of you?”

Slowly, Amy glanced up and she felt something burn deep down in her chest. “You traitor,” Amy’s brow lowered as her heart rate increased steadily, “I knew it from the start that you were like this!”

“Yet you still let me get near-” “Do not bring her into this conversation,” Amy said while her clenched fists tightened. “I am afraid that Sylvia is the reason why you are here in the first place.”

“What,” Amy mumbled faintly, her clenched jaw loosening as they began walking away. “Do not worry, she is the reason why I am here too.” Their footsteps echoed through the hall and they said calmly, “How nice is that?”

“Do anything to Sylvia,” Amy said earnestly as she breathed heavily, “And I promise you that you will regret it Jas-” Jasper slammed his hand against something hard and Amy held her breath for a few moments after that.

“And what could you do if I did?” He said before disappearing further into the darkness, “You are the one tied up, not me.” Amy huffed in frustration. "Nobody stands a chance now," Jasper said faintly, his voice echoing off the walls. Amy could hardly believe any of this, "No one."

Amy exhaled slowly before leaning her head back slowly, "Why Jasper?" She questioned quietly as she grimaced, "Why…"