Chapter 18

"I thought you said," Sylvie paused as her brows lowered, "You had everything under control." Genesis glanced briefly at Sylvie vacantly, however Sylvie saw something in her gaze that was not there before. "I mentioned to you that things may not go as planned, did I not?" "Well..you did," Sylvie said quickly before jabbing a finger at her aunt , "But-" "Do not give me that Sylvie," Genesis said plainly as she gazed at the banners of Amaia fervently, "I have everything under control... you will see." "And if you-" She began uneasily. "Shh.. everything is under my control believe me Sylvie." Sylvie nodded submissively even though her gaze was clouded with disbelief.

Gentle jazz music played in Jasper's small shop and Jasper hummed softly. A small smile tugged on his curled lips and hope glinted in his eyes. Sylvia embraced Amy yearningly and Amy grinned from ear to ear. "Nice to have you back Syl," Amy said consolingly, as her gaze softened. "It really is," Nathan said delicately as Sylvia turned to face him. Without a moment of hesitation, Nathan caressed Sylvia's cheek. "You look healthier now," He commented. "I can agree with that," Amy said as her smile grew. Jasper nodded in agreement.

"Well...," Nathan trailed off as he outstretched his warm hand. Sylvia steadily grabbed his hand and she said softly, "You were right." With his free hand, Nathan adjusted his thick rimmed glasses and nodded his head slowly. "Are you not glad m'lady?" "What kind of question is that?" Sylvia raised her brow as the music changed to a somewhat familiar tune, "Of course I am."

"Well then... May I have this dance?" Sylvia asked gently. Nathan glanced at her, looking at her as if he had seen a ghost. "May I dance with you?" Sylvia repeated as Nathan hesitantly cleared his throat. "Well.. well of course," Nathan said slowly as he recovered from his state of disbelief. Jasper and Amy glanced at each, newfound hope glimmering in their eyes. "It has been a long long time has it not," Nathan muttered underneath his breath while he gazed into Sylvia's eyes. She inhaled deeply and nodded slowly, "It really has," She paused thoughtfully, "Nathan, I can hardly believe this." "I can hardly believe it too," Nathan said gently as he glanced warmly at the vibrant party decorations surrounding the both of them. "How did it even get to this," Nathan said inaudibly as he gazed at Sylvia who was as radiant as the sun. Amy smiled as Jasper hugged her tightly. Cheerfulness filled the air as the flowers bloomed leisurely and all was well.

"Man..mandatory announcement."

The jazz music that was playing stopped abruptly and the tv flickered on leisurely. "Good afternoon ladies and gentlemen," A soft voice said, "We are interrupting you today because we would like to update you all on our new leader Amaia." The announcer grinned and her smile seemed brighter than the sun. Footage of the homeless began to play, "Amaia has begun getting our people off of the streets early this morning and she is working on providing them with housing free of charge. Now is that not great folks? May you all welcome your new leader, Amaia proudly ladies and gentlemen."

"Amaia already has begun doing things for us citizens," Jasper said cheerfully, "It is so wonderful!" Amy nodded as she leaned against a wall post behind her and as she observed the citizens walking down the streets. Sylvia glanced away from the tv swiftly before separating from Nathan. Sylvia made her way out of the store hastily and her friends glanced at each other quizzically. "Um.. who is gonna go see what is up with her?" Jasper questioned as he tilted his head to the side.

Sylvia inhaled slowly before sitting down on the ground and shaking her head. She fiddled with her thumbs as the cold breeze rushed past her and black dots were scattered around her vision. "You know," Amy said faintly, "I thought you would be happy now." Sylvia bit her bottom lip as Amy sat down besides her. "Though, I dunno if you noticed, but everyone is happy that Genesis did not win." "That is the problem," Sylvia said. "What?" Amy glanced at Sylvia swiftly, "Woah Syl, what are you talking about?" "Something... is not right about all of this," Sylvia commented uneasily before she put her pale fingers on her throbbing forehead. "I do not understand," Amy said as she gazed at her friend, "I thought everything would be ok now that Amaia won?" "I thought so too.." Amy knitted her brow as she focused more on her friend, "Why are you so pale," She said as she put the back of her hand on her friends burning up forehead. "Something ..is..off," Sylvia slurred shakily. "No need to tell me that," Amy said as she removed her now warm hand from Sylvia's forehead. Sylvia slumped into her friend's arms fraily. "What the actual hell," Amy muttered under her breath before she shouted for the others to come. "Hey Syl stay with me now." Amy said quickly as she shook her a little. Nathan and Jasper rushed out of the shop almost instantly. "What the...," Jasper trailed off, an indescribable expression locked on his face, "What happened?" "She was fine a minute ago," Amy said quickly as Nathan adjusted his glasses clumsily. "I.. I do not even know," Amy said gently, "But we need to get her to the hospital... now. Somethings wrong."