Chapter 9: Kagome's Heart

It has been five months now since Kagome was eventually pregnant. She was happy it actually worked after the agreement she had with Goku and Chichi. Now she was five months pregnant almost swollen her belly. Goku and Chichi had been taking care of her making sure she ate well and looked healthy. They also made sure the baby was healthy.

While this was going on, Chichi had been having an affair with Kenji nonstop. She lied to Goku and Kagome she was getting a healthy meal for Kagome's pregnancy, so she left Goku to care for her and the unborn baby. Chichi knew he was easy to lie to them as she always got away with it. She even needed to steal Goku's money so she could divorce him to leave him with Kenji. It will take a while until the divorce. Using Goku for money is her goal to ruin his life.

Right now, Goku and Kagome went to the hospital for a doctor's appointment. Kagome was sitting on the chair beside Goku, waiting for the doctor to be here. They were also waiting for Chichi to be here. They weren't sure where she was at. Probably she was having trouble at the road track.

Kagome was feeling a bit nervous when she held onto his hand. Goku noticed it and smiled at her.

"Don't worry, Kags. Everything will be fine. I'm always by your side. Besides, it will go faster until we get out of here." Goku said, comforting her.

She giggled. "You are so sweet." Her smile faded away and said, "But I literally hate the part. The gel will be cold."

"Don't worry, Kags. I'll give you a trade." Goku said. He lifted his shirt and showed her his built-up belly, "I mean, look at me! I have eaten a lot of Chichi's meal!"

She giggled again, blushing softly. "Goku, you silly!"

Then the doctor finally arrived with a smile. "Hello, Miss Higurashi, are you ready to be checked out? I assure you it will be fast."

She smiled. "Yes, please."

So he told her to lay on the bed perfectly still before asking her to lift her shirt and then he put some cold gel on her belly. Goku stood beside her and continued holding her hand. Kagome flinched to feel the cold gel on her belly as the doctor quickly checked her pregnancy.

"Well, you guys, the baby looks nice and healthy. Would you two like a reveal gender?" The doctor said with a kind smile.

"Oh, no! Wait! Don't tell us!" Kagome shouted.

"And why is that? Do you guys need a paper result?" The doctor asked with a smirk.

"Anything than a paper result," Kagome replied.

"Then a cake, I prefer?" The doctor asked.

"Yes. We were planning to surprise everyone with the result if it's a boy or a girl," Kagome said.

He smiled. "Then I will put an envelope. I hope you two will have a nice day."

"Thank you, Doctor," Kagome said happily.

"Kags, are you sure? We wanted to know if it was a boy or girl." Goku said with a worried look.

"Of course, I am sure, Goku. I was thinking we could throw a party and then we'll find out if it's a son and a daughter." Kagome assured him before taking the envelope and leaving the hospital.

He sighed, then smiled at her. "I suppose this is a great idea, Kagome."

***

After an appointment...

Chichi came home from her affair with Kenji she brought the grocery bags for Goku and Kagome. When she entered the kitchen room, she never expected Goku and Kagome to be there early. She figured there was an envelope on the table.