Chapter 54

I felt myself being waken up.

My eyes fluttered open and he was standing there.

He simply walked away without saying a word to me, allowing me to figure out what the hell was going on by myself.

The twins. School.

My head quickly shot next to me to wake them up only to find the bed empty.

"Um..Ina sukeh?" I asked.

"In school" he replied, coming out of the closet after he had picked up a tie.

I blinked at him in confusion "what...what time is it?"

"9:05"

I gasped as I kept my palm on my forehead. "I-..how did I not wake up...I forgot my phone in my room-, I didn't have my alarm, they've most been sad, they prefer me making breakfast for them-.."

He chuckled, cutting me off "Manal, it's fine, they'll be fine"

"Why didn't you wake me up?" I asked,

"You needed the sleep, And Maman Bala handled them, you have a class at 10 am dont you?"

I blinked before nodding, surprised that he does actually remembers the schedule for my morning classes.

"Alright go get ready, I'll drop you off"

I nod, standing up and making a move to exit the room.

He looked like he wanted to say something to be but he didn't, I walked out of the room and I closed the door behind me.

It took me about 45 minutes to be fully ready and I met him downstairs.

He was already in the car and I entered into the passenger's seat.

He drove out out of the house in silence.

"Bilyaminu and some other friends are coming over tonight for dinner, I wanted to let you know yesterday but it slipped my mind"

I turned to look at him and I nodded "my class finishes by 2 so I'll be back home on time to prepare"

He smiled.

I turned to look out the window.

The rest of the car ride was silent, I personally believed it was because the both of us remembered his blunder from yesterday and the air was suddenly awkward.

I was so eager for us to arrive in school and when I saw the familiar huge gates I almost sighed out in relief. He stopped the car in the parking lot.

I tilted my head in his direction "Thank you."

He kept mute as I opened the door and I walked out before I closed the door, I walked away from the car, shrugging the tension off my shoulders.

Labiba was a few feet away from the parking lot where she had said she'll wait for me.

I met her she we walked to our class together.

I genuinely believed I am always the fastest person to leave campus after the last class, because immediately after the lecturer concluded I was packing my stuff, I said goodbye to Labiba and her friend Ahmad and I left for the parking lot.

The driver was waiting for me just like he said. I entered into the car and he drove off.

He arrived home roughly about 20 minutes later and i went into the house only to scowl in annoyance when my bag gets caught on the door handle, I hate when that happens!

I remove it just as Alim comes running towards me to give me a hug.

"Maama!"

"Hiii baby! How are you?" I ask.