Chapter 49

I lost.

I'm currently sitting in his car going back with him.

It wasn't easy though, it really wasn't.

I was seated in the passenger's seat bawling my eyes out and he was driving and occasionally turning to give me another tissue after I've successfully drenched the previous one.

Tell me why after I left him yesterday, he left for a hotel in town to spend the night, I go into my room to see mama packing up my stuff.

Huh?

I never agreed to that.

When I ask her what she's doing she says 'you've overstayed your welcome'

In my father's house???

Between i and my sister she's the bratty one, but last night I took her crown and I proudly wore it on my head because I was so serious that I wasn't going back with him. No way.

That man basically told me to get out of his house, he said words that questioned my character, words that I tried to push at the back of my mind when he was speaking to me, he jumps for a divorce at the first opportunity possible, he made it plainly obvious that he doesn't want me. And they're sending me back???

Apparently she said Baba called Ummi to tell her to tell Mama that 'Manal has stayed enough, she needs to go back with Muhammad'

They all think this is some type of 'yagi?' This isn't yagi! Because I have no intention of going back.

This marriage whatever, he wanted to end it without giving it a chance, maybe this was a sign for me to get out before I end up in a loveless marriage forever, and they're sending me back.

I couldn't believe this.

Despite my tantrums and my tears the entire night, I ended up in his car the following morning.

I didn't answer his Salam. I didn't answer when he said he's sorry and I should stop crying, I didn't answer when he asked if I'd like anything to eat.

He should leave me alone! I do not want him.

Liar.

It's been an hour into the ride and I sniffed before outstretching my arm to collect yet another tissue from him.

He picked up the tissue box from his lap and he moved it towards me, I removed one before turning away  from him, he looked at me for a second before turning back to the road and keeping the tissue box back on his lap.

He insists I must come back with him right? Well he better keep his strength and patience intact because I'm not making it easy for him.

He made a move to keep a hand on my arm to console me and I almost broke my skull from the way I hit myself against the window and door in an attempt to get away from him.

He raised his hand up in surrender and he kept it back by his side. "Shikenan."

Don't feel bad.

Don't feel bad.

Don't feel bad!

I moved back to my previous position as I collected the next tissue he gave to me and I opened the mirror in front of me before cleaning my kohl that has smudged and had me looking like a raccoon.

I closed the mirror and I trashed the tissues in the plastic bag that I was packing the rest of the tissues in.

I leaned back against my seat as I looked out the window.