Chapter 53

"Where are we going?" I asked as I closed the bottle of water I just drank from.

"You'll see" he said.

I sighed as I relaxed back on the seat, we had just left my father's house and he was driving somewhere, i couldn't recognize the road.

We arrived at a cute plaza and he drove in, it was quite busy.

We found a parking space and he parked before exiting the car, I followed him.

I kept looking around, following him until we arrived at a shop, an empty one, a lady inside opened it for us.

He walked in and they exchanged greetings.

Could this be...

"Welcome to your bakery" he said as he collected the keys from the hands of the woman and he dropped it in mine.

A smile took over my features as I looked around the place, it was so spacious.

I walked passed them to walk into the three other doors, I took my time looking around, for somewhere that's empty someone might wonder why I took so much time looking at it, but I was just taking it all in, I couldn't believe this was mine.

I walked back into the main space and the both of them looked at me with smiles on their faces.

I later realized they were both mirroring mine, I didn't even realize that the smile was still on my face.

"This is Nawal, shes an interior designer, so the both of you can work together to create what you want" he said.

I walked forward and I outstretched my hand towards her.

"Hello, it's nice to meet you"

"It's nice to meet you too! How are you?" She asked.

I and Nawal conversed as he walked out to take a call.

I liked her already, she seemed really lovely.

She looked through her iPad to show me something and I used that opportunity to walk up to him by the sliding door when I saw that he was done with his call.

He saw me coming and he smiled.

I placed my palm on his arm "Thank you" I said "it's very beautiful"

"It's empty" he chuckled.

"I know, but it's still beautiful, thank you very much, this means a lot to me"

He smiled, a genuine one.

"You're welcome Afrah."

I blinked at him as I removed my hand from his arm.

He realized a second later than me.

I immediately look away from him, awkwardly patting my palms on my dress as the lady thankfully calls my name, saying she has found the picture.

I walked up to her and she shows me the designs on the iPad, but she might as well have turned it off because I was looking but I wasn't seeing anything.

Afrah? Is that what he sees every time he looks at me? Her?

It could be just a slip of tongue.

It wasn't. He had that look on his face, that genuine one when he said that, it was there whenever he was sweet to me, when he hugged me, when he gave me a kiss, was that only because he sees her in me?

Am I overreacting?

I'm not.

But it's fine...it fine. It's ok. I mean there's nothing much I can do about it, I mean what can I do, he can't help how he feels.