Chapter 35

There were too many things going on at once.

There was a loud knock coming from the door as someone called my name, there was what felt like a tiny hand patting cheek as soft breaths fanned my face, and there was the loud sound of jingling keys.

I reluctantly opened my eyes.

The first thing I saw was Alim's nostrils.

He was right in front of my face trying to wake me up.

I let out a laugh at the sight, explains the breath on my face.

He giggled at my laugh "Aunty Manal!" He said before laying on me in a hug.

I wrapped my arms around him before sitting up and keeping him on my lap.

His sister was at the door trying to use the keys to open the door I locked last night, but she's not tall enough.

Last night.

The events of yesterday came storming at me at once like a hurricane.

Oh God.

"Manal!" Amna's voice came from behind the door as she continued on knocking it.

Oh...I guess Alina was trying to open the door for her, that was why Alim was trying to wake me up.

I kept Alim on the bed before standing up and opening up the door.

Amna stood there looking like she had just woken up from sleep.

"Manal I've been here for almost 10 minutes!" She said

"I'm sorry, Wallahi I was deep in" I said.

"Anche na kira ki, they're at the big living room" she said.

(They said I should call you)

Who are they??

I wanted to ask her but I decided to just go see for myself, I walked back into the room and I wore my hijab before walking out.

Amna stayed back with the twins in my room and I walked to the big living room. 

I said my Salam before walking in, they all looked at me.

Baba was seated on the big couch and Ya Muhammad sat on the carpet a few feet away to him.

Aunty Saadatu was on the other couch next to baba's and Ya khalifa was seated on the carpet in between the seats of both his parents.

I didn't know where to sit so I sat next to Aunty Saadatu on the carpet as they answered my Salam.

I looked up at Ya Muhammad and he was dressed in his white kaftan staring at me quietly.

I quickly looked away.

Ya Khalifa however had his head down looking at the carpet in front of him in his dark blue jalabiya, I guess he went back to their side this morning to get changed.

Baba cleared his throat "Now that Manal is here I will say what I have to say. Khalifa...you need to drop this new resentment you've developed over Muhammad, it's one thing to ignore him and refuse to talk to him but it's another thing to try to physically fight your brother over a woman, especially a woman that's already his wife, Kuma Muhammad ya girme ka nesa ba kusa ba, you owe him that respect and you must give it to him!"

He tried to do what??? He tried to fight him???

It's now that I look At Ya Khalifa properly that I see a bruise at the side of his cheek, Ya Muhammad however looks fine to me.