Chapter 47

Immediately after it was decided that I would be going back tomorrow, Aunty Sa'adatu dragged me up and she led me out of the living room with her before either one of her sons or my father tries to talk to me.

Just as promised Maman Bala was in the room waiting for me to give me the massage. And that was pushed me into a deep slumber.

I woke up to the sound of voices.

My eyes fluttered opened and I was facing two people, Aunty Saadatu was sitting on the chairs in her room and Ya Muhammad occupied the other opposite her.

"Shikenan Muhammad, you should get going,
It's getting late, the twins will start throwing tantrums" She said to him.

He nodded and he moved his head in my direction to look at me, she followed his gaze and both their eyes were on me.

From their blinks of surprise I'm guessing they didn't expect to find me awake.

I wanted to turn my head to the other side away from their eyes, but it felt heavy, I couldn't move it.

"Sai da safeh" he said to his mother before he stood up.

I expected him to walk towards the door and leave but instead he walked towards me.

He lowered himself a little before picking up my hand that was laying next to me.

Apparently his touch was the power needed to bring back my energy because I forcefully snatched my hand away from his and I turned myself to face the other side of the room.

He breathed out as if he had expected that, he moved his hand to my shoulder instead and he gave it a squeeze before releasing me.

He raised to his original height before he bid his mother farewell again and he walked out of the room.

Despite the fact that he had left I didn't turn back, I was not exactly in the mood to want to talk to anyone right then.

And thankfully Aunty Sa'adatu understood that, she walked up to me too and she gave my head a few pats before she also walked out of the room, leaving me alone with my billions of thoughts until sleep took me away again.

When I woke up the next morning he had already sent me the details of the ticket for my flight.

My bags were already packed so I didn't have an issue, I only opened them last night and this morning to pick out some clothes.

Aunty Sa'adatu together with Amna escorted me to the airport.

We were already late so everything after my arrival at the airport was rushed, not even up to half an hour later I was seated in the plane on my seat.

I was texting Ummi to let her know that we were about to take off when his text came in.

Ya Muhammad:
Have a safe flight.

I swiped the notification away, I didn't want him in my life anymore, he is going to get tired and divorce me because I'm not coming back.

-/-/-/-

Three Weeks Later.

My mother was informed I was coming the night before I arrived so she had expected me, what she didn't expect however was to see me coming back like that, bruised and with all my stuff.

Her first assumption was I had been abused by Ya Muhammad, until I had explained everything to her, I didn't know it was possible to make her more upset than she already seemed but it happened, only this time with the anger towards Baba.