And neither can you.

I can't lie I'm hurt, I didn't like the thought of being in someone's shadow.

But what can I do? I'm the second choice. It's fine, it's ok.

That is the mother of his kids, his first love, of course he still loves her, so him calling you her name shouldn't bother you.

But it does.

"Are you ok Manal?" She asks.

I blinked at her "I-..yes? Yes, yes I'm ok"

She smiles a little "alright, uh I asked you what you think of this? I was thinking maybe we should go marble instead of wood?"

"I-..we can go with whatever you see fit, I mean you're the professional."

She smiles as she shows me other photos.

I dared to look at the door to see if he was still there... he had left.

"Ok that's just what I wanted to show you, I can come over to your place or you can meet me at my office so we can discuss further later this week? Anyone you see fit" she says.

I managed to nod back at her with a smile as I bring out my phone so we can exchange numbers.

We walk out of the space and I lock it with the keys in my hands.

We walk downstairs and I escort her to her car, she drives off before I look to the direction he parked wondering if he's still there.

Thankfully he was, I went into the car and I put on my seatbelt.

He drove out of the plaza with neither a word from either of us.

A few minutes into the traffic he broke the awkward silence "She's good at her job, Nawal"

I nodded in agreement, from the looks of it she is "she's nice too"

He hummed.

I looked out the window next to me.

Silence took over the air.

I kept my eyes on the window until we reached back home, however I felt his gaze turning to me 90% of the time.

I looked away from the window "the twi-.."

"The driver picked them up" he said.

I nodded before picking up my handbag and I went out of the car.

I didn't even fully open the door of the house and I heard their screams.

"Maama!"

I laughed "Na'am!"

"Where you go?!" Alina asked, still in her white dress.

I wasn't surprised, Maman Bala was too old for these kids, one scream from Alina and she has given up . It always cracks me up.

"I was with daddy" I said as I held their hands, dragging them into the house.

"I wake up, Maama nowhere" Alim said, looking at me in utter disappointment.

I laughed again "I'm sorry my baby, it won't happen again"

He smiled at me.

"Daddy!" Alina squealed, rushing to him when he came into the house.

Alim followed after her.

He picked them up at the door and he walked in with them in his arms.

"Wanka" I said to the both of them and they immediately scowled.