Temperatures Rising: Chapter 44

I decided to drop this since I'm not sure if imma update again this week

Omniscient.

In the silence that lingered in the office, Heaven and Logan sat across from her therapist. The two hadn't exactly been around each other or together intimately since the day he found out she cheated and he raised a hand to her. It's only been three days, but she couldn't bring herself to want to talk to or be near him because of the issue but most importantly, her issue of self-sabotaging and selfishness.

She fidgeted with her engagement ring, her nervousness palpable. Logan, as always, sat beside her with concern and worry over his face. The therapist, observing the two with keen eye and detail, welcomed them both with openness and grace.

"Heaven. Logan. It's nice to see you two together again, Logan, I've missed you the last session. How have things been since our last session, Heaven?"

Logan rubbed the back of his neck before placing his arm behind the couch for her to lean on him. "Yeah, I had work and it kind of had my schedule messed up. But I'm here now." He nodded. "I won't miss another one. My apologies." The therapist nodded her head with a smile turning her attention to Heaven waiting on her response.

"Honestly, not great." Heaven sighs, "I've been feeling a bit overwhelmed."

As Heaven poured her heart out, her therapist listened attentively, noting the subtle shifts in her body language and the tremor in her voice. "What's been going on?" The therapist went on to ask, allowing her to speak to her about what's been bothering her. She paused, struggling to find the words. "I think I've been self-sabotaging. Every time something good happens, I'm always messing shit up."

"Language, Heaven. You can speak your piece without the aggressive language." Her therapist protested.

Heaven apologized. When she confessed to her self-sabotaging tendencies, her therapist probed gently. "Can you give me an example?" She questioned, pushing for more details. "Oh come on. Don't act like you don't know," she sighs shaking her head. "Look at what I did to Logan. Look at all the people I hurt. It's always a common denominator. Me. I'm always doing something to mess things up." She scoffs, looking down fumbling with her ring. "It's like I can't allow myself to be happy."

"