Temperatures Rising: Chapter 41. (P1).

Tolerie

Tolerie.

Tolerie, her tone measured, began, "Babe, I'm not about to further engage in your argument. While I'm prepared to support your pursuit of full custody, I implore you to consider the implications thoroughly." Retrieving her purse, she draped her jacket over her shoulder and went to the door. Jace, momentarily pausing his video game, pivoted towards her with a plea, "Tolerie, admit you don't want them living with us. I miss my kids; I can only Facetime them now." Part of her felt hurt by his words, as he twisted her words to make it seem like she didn't want his kids living with them.

His attempt to manipulate the situation unsettled her. "I understand your desire for more time with them, but accommodating them in our current circumstances is precarious. We live in a two-bedroom house, and one room is my studio. Pursuing full custody might not be advisable given the complexities of our past that she knows."

With a discontented sound, Jace retorted, "This has nothing to do with our past. She won't speak out; she knows the consequences. It's about you not wanting my kids here. Why be with a man with kids if that's not what you want, T?"

Acknowledging the partial truth in his words, Tolerie responded, "Perhaps it's a factor, but let's face the reality. Your children harbor resentment due to the narratives she plants in their minds. I won't engage in further debate. They're your kids; decide what's best for them. I got to go; Big A is here to take me to work. Figure out dinner, call me."

Leaving his perplexed presence, she exited the house, slid into the passenger seat, and tossed her belongings onto the back seat. With a hint of sarcasm, Angela remarked, "Hello to you, too."

"Sorry, hey A. Thanks for picking me up. I know you mentioned handling that situation, but it's hard not to feel uneasy. I needed assurance for my commute to work."

"You're good

"You're good. What's going on with you?" Angela inquired as she expertly navigated through traffic.

Tolerie sighed, the weight of the morning's arguments lingering. "A, it's complicated. Jace wants full custody, but it's not straightforward. His ex is causing complications, and his kids aren't exactly welcoming. We've been arguing all morning, and it's frustrating. I get he wants his kids, but it's challenging."