𝘛𝘦𝘮𝘱𝘦𝘳𝘢𝘵𝘶𝘳𝘦'𝘴 𝘙𝘪𝘴𝘪𝘯𝘨 : 𝘊𝘩𝘢𝘱𝘵𝘦𝘳 21

Vote | Comment [ remember the more votes and comments, the more frequent updates

Vote | Comment [ remember the more votes and comments, the more frequent updates.]

Word Goal: 10,000
Work count: 11, 282 🥂🎉

•••

Chapter Twenty-One

The air between them hung heavy with emotion as Heaven looked into his eyes, feeling her heart swell in anticipation

The air between them hung heavy with emotion as Heaven looked into his eyes, feeling her heart swell in anticipation. His hands cupped her face as he leaned in, pressing gentle kisses against her lips , the words that seemed to send electricity through her very being, bounced around in her head.

There was no denying the sudden urge to jump his bones as Heaven smiled at the words just laid out to her, of his own free will and selfish gain. The words she didn't know that she needed to hear were standing in front of her grasping for her to hold on to. "I said..I love you." His words, escaping his lips and given with slow delicate kisses, the way he held her as the words were spoken, she felt completely overwhelmed with love.

She could feel her face flush as she nervously giggled like a schoolgirl, her heart racing with anticipation. He rolled his eyes, unwilling to meet her romantic gesture just yet. She smiled cheekily and pecked his lips, daring him to repeat himself again and again. He ultimately gave in with an exasperated sigh and whispered, "I love you."

"I love you too," She smiled at him. But deep down, Harlem couldn't help the doubt that was bubbling up inside of him. He knew about her feelings for his brother and he thought he had accepted it all but now, as she was standing in front of him smiling, he felt a wave of emotions rising within him - jealousy mingled with sorrowful longing. He wanted so intensely to just let go and fall back into her arms, but could he really do that without losing his relationship with his brother in the process? This was a very dangerous game they were playing, and no matter what happened, somebody would end up getting hurt.

She pressed her body against his, and he could feel the heat radiating from her skin. Her fingers traced a path up his neck, curling around his hair as she tilted her head back slightly. "So, this is what you've been doing with your time," she said, her voice low and sultry. "You really know how to please a woman, Harlem. You keep that smile on my face and I love it so much." She leaned in and kissed him deeply before pulling away, looking into his eyes. "I love you so much," she whispered. A contented smile spread across her face as she nestled into his chest.