𝘛𝘦𝘮𝘱𝘦𝘳𝘢𝘵𝘶𝘳𝘦𝘴 𝘙𝘪𝘴𝘪𝘯𝘨 | 𝘤𝘩𝘢𝘱𝘵𝘦𝘳 𝘵𝘩𝘳𝘦𝘦

Temperatures RisingChapter Three

Temperatures Rising
Chapter Three.

The loud door slams and yelling alarmed Heaven from her peaceful nights rest

The loud door slams and yelling alarmed Heaven from her peaceful nights rest. She was deep into her sleep, having the best dream she's had in a long time, her eye darted towards the time. 3:30. 'Who the hell was up at three thirty in the morning?' She thought to herself, throwing the covers off of her, she walks over to the window and pushed her curtains back, her sights set on Harlem and Mia going at it, Angel must've heard it too because he snuck his way into her room and they each sat on her bench by her window watching, even though they both had school in just four hours.

"Counterfeit? Really, Harlem!?" Mia shouted throwing her bags into the car.

Heaven and Angel raised an eyebrow, curious as to what they were referring to. Was Harlem really into making fake money? But, Harlem did have his hands and nose in a lot of things. Things Heaven, Angel and the rest of the neighborhood knew nothing about. "Keep your fucking voice down." Harlem spoke stern through gritted teeth as he snatched her up by her arm. "NO! I was fucking arrested because of you." Harlem laughs, stepping back. "That was the point. I'm the one who called the cops. You really thought you would take my shit and not suffer for it?" He tilted his head slightly, looking at the woman he loved and cared for. Mia shook his head. "I told you, I was done with you Harlem. And if it wasn't for me, you wouldn't even be where you are right now." She bickers. Harlem knew that he loved Mia, he honestly didn't think she would just leave him. "So, you just gonna leave? Leave our three month old daughter?" He ignored her statement about him being where he is because of her when that was only partly true. Heaven raised an eyebrow. "Who knew Mia would be leaving him? She's crazy about him. Remember she beat up that one girl because she thought they were sleeping together." Angel chuckled because he remembered that. "Yeah, I remember that but shush, let me listen." Angel leaned closer to the door to hear more of their conversation.

"I'm not leaving her. I'm leaving you. I don't love you anymore. And, I NEED real money to start from scratch."

The shock was as clear as water. The two couldn't believe the neighborhood power couple was at odds, Harlem was hurt by her words. He had done nothing but love, be loyal to and be with this woman for the last decade and for her to come at him with this bullshit, it was hurtful but Harlem being Harlem. He never showed any emotions, he just brushes his face with anger. "You leave, don't bother coming back." Mia opened the driver side. "I don't plan to." She got in, he hit the roof of her car. "You know what the fuck I mean! Not even for Laila." Mia glared at Harlem, the man she still loves but, knew she could no longer be with. Each bone in her body was telling her that she was over this relationship and the new man she was seeing was the one, maybe it was the postpartum- but, she wasn't quite sure. Mia knew one day Harlem would forgive her and look past what she said and allow her to see her daughter.