26

The sparks ripple over my body. I feel my core intensify with every touch. Tormad lowers us to the soft grassy bank beside the river. My tunic has been tossed to the side, exposing me to the cool elements. No longer winter, but not quite summer. The snow has melted, but nights are still cold. The sun has set, and the light from the full moon cascades over us.

Tormad runs his fingers over my body. Starting with the side of my face, down my neck, brushing over the clavicle. My breath grows heavy as I wait for his next move. Our eyes lock together. I feel him asking me for permission to continue. I lick my lips, nod. Tormad leans in and releases my lower lip from the grips of my teeth, before kissing me in a way he never has before. His kiss is bruising with passion, hunger and desire. I moan against his mouth when he cups my breast, and glides his thumb over my perked nipples. The warms from this touch alone begins to heat my body.

My fingers grate against his naked back. His moans from the violent act caused me to dig deeper. Tormad relishes pain. I feel him twitch against my pelvis.

"I think you're overdressed?" I tell him and hook my fingers against the waistband of his trousers.

He braces my back with his arm, and rolls us over. Now I am straddling him. I shuffle down to help free him from his trousers. Once he was free, Tormad made it clear to get to it. I wasn't one to complain.

"Are you ok?" Tormad asks, when he noticed a sudden shift on my part. I didn't want to tell him I wasn't. Ivan isn't here. He can't hurt me. Tormad isn't his kin. He is nothing like Ivan. Warms hands cup my face. "Look at me," he murmurs.

I open my eyes to see him staring right at me. "We don't have to do this." He doesn't stay from my face. I was grateful for how understanding he was being, but I knew if I didn't leap now, I never would. And Tormad and I would drift apart. Even if his visions told him otherwise. That is if he still gets them. Igor let it slip Tormad hasn't had any since that night.

I shake my head, "No I want to keep going."

"Ok," Tormad nods. "Then keep your eyes on me."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Time got away from us. Before I knew it, the sun is peaking through the mountains, and the birds have woken up. I open my eyes, to find Tormad laying next to me watching me sleep.

"You're so beautiful," he murmurs, and brushing the hair from my face. "If only we had all the time in the world to stay like this."

Sadness hits me suddenly. We are to part ways, Tormad is traveling North, and I'm to go south. If all goes to plan, we will meet back here. He gets up and takes my hand in his, pulling me to my feet.

We both walk back to camp, silence lingering between the two of us. I didn't know what to say, and I guess neither did Tormad. Warriors gathered in the heart of our camp. Women were crying, as they hold their children, unknowing if this was the last time they will see each other. I side glance at Tormad. I pray to the Gods - this time both, hoping we meet again.

I took my leave with Igor. The sounds of his son's calling his name broke me. They may never see each other again. Igor takes one last glance. Erick held his younger brother, just like he did the night we first met. Erick was a born protector. After the attack, he never left his brother's sight. I never knew who their mother was. It wasn't something I felt close to Igor to ask, but since we are on this journey together, and we had nothing to do but talk, I figured I would get to know my new friend. after all, he was Tormad's kin. And because of this, I vow to keep him safe, just as he did the same to Tormad. If anyone was to make it back to camp alive, I would want it to be him; for his sons, and for Tormad.

Knud took the lead, while Igor and I followed closely behind. Briger took the rear.

"Your boys have grown since I last saw them."

Igor kept his gaze to the front. It must be new to him, taking the middle. Next to Tormad, Igor was also in command of his own fleet, but Tormad didn't want me in the front for fear of being struck first. I somehow didn't feel comfortable being in the back either and no one behind to prevent an unwanted arrow hitting me in the back. So the middle was the right choice for all.

"I have been meaning to bring them to you to say thank you for saving them that night," Igor says.

"It's ok," I respond. "I should have left my cabin more." I regret shutting them out. Helga came to visit often. And I only saw Igor when it was training. I never cared too much about his personal life.

We walked in silences for a few more hours. The sun was just settling behind the trees. "We should make camp here," Igor spoke out. Knud halted his steps. Briger came to a stop. We all glanced around, looking for things out of the ordinary, but nothing came to view.

"I'll gather wood," Knud offers. I wasn't willing to venture deep into the unknown forest alone, so I gladly stepped back and allowed him to take charge. Igor began making a pit where the fire will go. I slid the heavy sac off my back. We packed little provisions for this hunt. Tomorrow we can replenish what we used tonight.

The fire crackles as we gathered round. Knud tries to bring in some cheerful banter, but neither of us wished to laugh. I sat next to Igor, and poked the embers with a large stick, being careful not to cause the fire to spread. Our bellies are sedated but far from being full. Igor thought it is best to ration out the provisions. Who knows how long we will be traveling, and less time spent on hunting meant more time tracking down Freya and Helga.

I tossed the stick onto the simmering fire and sighed. "It is probably time to call it a night. I can take first watch." I wasn't planning on sleeping. My mind keeps wandering to Tormad, and hoping he was ok.

"Knud will take first shift," Igor orders. He glances over to Briger. "You will take the next." He stood, not waiting for any protest from the men, not that there would be any. His men respected Igor; whether it came from being Tormad's kin, or if he earned it. They never disobeyed an order unless Tormad overruled. I noticed Tormad held high respect for his brother and rarely went against him; unless it involved his training methods towards me.

He took his spot and rested his head against the trunk. It was cold, but not as cold as it once was, with summer on its way. I took off my furs and laid it down on the ground beside Igor. I noticed he opened one eye to watch me closely. I wasn't comfortable to sleep near the fire where it would have been warm. Instead, I nestled in beside Igor, and hoped he wouldn't be mean and tell me to leave him be. He surprised me by opening his arm out and tucking me in beside him. The warmth of his body will keep me from getting cold.

"Thank you," I murmur against his chest. My eyes slowly closing.

"Shh," he grumbles, "Or I will make it look like an accident."

I chuckle softly. "Tormad will still blame you."

"Nei," he mumbles, as he drifts off to sleep. "He will punish himself."

I feel a soft touch on the top of my head, but I was too tired to think much of it. "I'll protect you, little one," Igor murmurs. 

Hello everyone, I hope you enjoy this filler. I appologised for the poor editing. I am having account issues with grammarly, and pro isn't updating as my back up either. I will come back and edit... maybe. 

Please i beg of you. Don't forget to vote, comment and share this book if you love it so much and think others will too. I know there are a few hit an misses with this book, and I will come back to fix them once it get it out of my head for most part. If i keep rewriting the book will never get written. 

I should also mention, we will be coming to an end on this story soon. But fear not, I have more stories coming your way. Possession is next in line to be written, if you haven't already then I suggest you read Obsession.