17

I walked beside Tormad. With every step I took, my heart beat faster. We were venturing away from camp, but I knew where he was leading us. Only having been here a few times. The last time we were both here, Tormad told me he was going to keep his distance from me.

I hear the rushing of the water, the closer we get there and the laughter of Tormad's men grow faint. There is no moon, but above us, the sky produces magic. Colours of green, pink, and yellow filled the normally black space. The waterfall had the best viewpoint. With the trees making the area darker, the sky can be the focal point. Nothing was this beautiful back home. Not even on the hilltop.

Tormad's shoulder brushed against mine, causing me to suck in a breath. I don't know why he affects me so. I should hate him. I should want him dead, but I can't seem to bring myself to.

"Igor tells me you're doing good," Tormad says, filling the silence. I try to control my breathing before I respond.

"Is that is what he tells you?"

I hardly believe Igor would boost about my sparring to Tormad; or anyone. A warm touch runs up my arm, creating bumps on my skin. My hair bristles and a feeling deep in my belly stirs. I hadn't felt this since the last time Tormad and I were alone and nose close.

"You got me," he confesses. "I have been watching."

Some reason that rubs me the wrong way. I didn't want him to watch me. I wanted Tormad to train me. I heard stories of how he is the best warrior here. Igor is a close second, but he wasn't Tormad.

"You have some things to work on, but you will progress."

Is he for real? I understand he was trying to give me a compliment, but I didn't want to be here. I did not want to be learning to fight. I had a life back home.

A sad, lonely life, but I could roam freely.

Now I have no home to go back to. Even if I could go back to my village, my family are not there. I would be more alone than before.

Tormad's fingers wrap around my balled fist. "Did I make you mad?"

"Why don't you check with your visions?" I snide and tug my hand away from his. Tormad takes a step back and the colours of the sky illuminate his face like a God. If I believed in their God, I would have thought he was Loki himself.

I don't need them to know when a woman is mad," he states. "I just don't understand why you are!"

I pinch the bridge of my nose and turned slightly from him. "Tormad," I breathed out. The frustration is evident. "You..." I found the courage to face him directly when I say this.

"You took me in the night's still. Your men killed people from my village. People I grew up with." I remember Macus, my father's friend. Igor's eyes. I shouldn't even be close to Igor. It makes no sense to be sparing with him. He could easily kill me with a flick of a wrist.

"I lost everything in a matter of weeks." The images of my father's headless body. My innocence when I took a life. It was him of those boys!

"You..." I pointed my finger at him. I paused before admitting that he left me. I may despise him, but I can't deny the bond we have.

"I what?" He seemed amused, and that just irritated me more.

"Gah." I waved my hands about and spun on my heels. "I'm going back to camp," I tell him.

Tormad's fingers wrap around my wrist and he pulls me back. I trip over my feet and brace myself for the fall. Already feeling the sting on my knees. But when I don't feel any pain, I open my eyes to see Tormad has braced my fall.

He runs his thumb against my cheek, and I can't help but lean in to the touch. Heat in my body stirs, causing the cool night air to dissipate. Tormad presses his forehead against mine. The warmth of his breath blows against my face.

He sighs. "I apologised for those things, have I not?"

"It's not enough!" I tell him.

"Should I beg for your forgiveness?" He pulls away, and the cool air bites my face. He takes my hand in his and places it against his chest. The beat of his heart thuds against the palm of my hand.

"You have the mighty warrior down on his knees, Kari," Tormad declares. "Tell him what you want!"

I suck in a deep breath. A lone tear slides down my cheek. "I want him to make this feeling go away."

"And what feeling is that, love?"

My heart skipped at the endearment. I drop to my knees. He takes this as his moment and leans on close. The warmth of his lips grazed against mine. The softness took me by surprise, but I press closer. Deepening the kiss. Tormad leans back, and I scramble on top of him. I grind my hips against his. Feeling his manhood harden beneath me.

The hardened shaft pressed against the apex of my womanhood causes me to moan against his lips. Tormad reaches up to unclasp the buckle of my furs and tugs the string keeping my tunic sealed. My breasts spill out of the opening. I gasp when Tormad brushes his fingers over the swells of my buds.

"Does that help?" he asked. I shake my head. He cups my breast and breaks away from our kiss. My body comes alive when I feel the wetness of his mouth clamp down.

"Tormad," I hum his name, and dig my pelvis into him. The material between us getting in the frustrates me. I reach down and untie the front of his pants. My hand wraps around his rather large member. I knew about sex. They talked about procreation at mass. Abstain is the only way to prevent it, but the animal in me wants more than this.

Tormad takes my hand in his, and somehow we flip. My back is pressed against the dewy grass and Tormad is leaning over me. "You're a Goddess," he hums before lowering his face down to kiss me.

His assaulted kiss didn't stay contained to my lips. Tormad makes a point of kissing every inch of my body.

I arch my body, bringing it to him. "Egar are we?" he murmurs against my skin. The heat pools in between my legs as he gets closer to my sex. The feel of his beard tickles against my skin. Tormad unties my pants and I lift my hips to help him take them off.

"Tormad!" I stammer when he spreads my legs apart. My head rolls back when I feel it. The slick of his tongue between my folds. My thighs buckle at the foreign feeling. A feeling indescribable, but definitely desirable. I know here and now, that once we reached this point between us, there is no way back. Tormad has effectively entwined himself with me.

This was the start of his vision between us. He knew that if he told me about this moment, I would have fought it.