The Wolf Talks

A/N: This chapter starts with the perspective of yet another new otherworlder. This time Sawyer Gor Lorcan. Enjoy!

Sawyer Gor Lorcan was on another mission. She worked for a government agency with her indebted partner, Zaiden. He was a pain, but their talents complemented each other and he was in her debt. They had just started another mission in which he'd been sent ahead undercover. She was to follow after and get details on arrival. So as soon as she boarded the train to head there... she wasn't on the train anymore. What on earth? She was now dead center in a Broadway performance of... Newsies? Luckily her work let her adapt to any situation and newsies was a favorite of hers. So she jumped into the musical number and danced with the rest of the cast, who were just as confused as to how she was there as she was. The show must go on however, so they faked and improved until she was able to get offstage. Now, where on earth was she? How did she get here? And how was she supposed to get back? Zekee would be mad if he had to complete the mission on his own.

———

"...Oh!" Isabelle breathed. So not only was she lost, but she wasn't even in the same world. "Then, I'm assuming that you don't know what asura are. Or anyone named King Grey?" That was her last spark of hope.

"Um... no, sorry. We've had a lot of otherworlders appearing recently. I know this can be a little overwhelming, and we'll do our best to get you home as soon as possible," Isabel explained. "For now you'll be staying in the Hermes Cabin, since he's the god of travelers."

Gili chimed in, laughing a bit, "I think if anyone counts as travelers it'd be people from other worlds, huh?"

"That checks out." Daphne said aloud.

Isabelle smacked her forehead. "Daph, I asked you to keep your mouth shut around strangers." Sometimes her little sister was such a pain. Daphne nipped Isabelle's finger in response.

It took a moment for Isabel to process what she just heard. "... The wolf... the wolf talks," she said. "That's..." Isabel considered the kinds of things that regularly happened to her and her friends... "somehow not the craziest thing to happen here."

"Yeah, she does. It's equally unusual where I'm from, don't worry." Isabelle lightly swatted Daphne. "That's why she normally only talks when we're alone. So, is there anything else you want me to do right now or can I go?"

"Yeah, this is Cabin 11," Isabel said. "You can get settled in, but just a fair warning: Hermes is also the god of thieves. Don't let any valuables out of your sight." With that, she left to go get Katie for the third otherworlder of the day.

———

"Uh, thanks for the advice." Isabelle said as the other girl left. "You heard the lady, Daph. Don't leave my sight."

Yes Ma'am.