Another Otherworlder (Try Saying That Three Times Fast)

A/N:
This chapter is a little different, it starts in the world of the ShadowHunters. Abby is my friend's OC and... I think you can guess what's going to happen to her.

———

"Clary, I need a Portal."

"Abby, wait"

"There's no time." Abigail watched the Mark being scribbled onto the wall.

"Okay, it's ready. You just need to visualize the destination."

"See you at the Institute." The world fell away and Abigail experienced the uncomfortable feeling of the portal maelstrom. Eventually it flung her out and she took in her surroundings.
"Where on earth am I?" Nothing was familiar. It looked like she was in a New York alleyway, but then again, most alleys on Earth looked the same. It was dark, though there were faint signs of a sunrise coming. Why had she ended up here?

Abigail dug out her phone. She hit the contacts button and tried to call Clary. No answer. Then Isabelle, her other fighting partner. Nothing. Finally she called her brother. Thankfully, it worked.

"Thank God. Jace, where are you right now? Clary just drew me a Portal and it spit me out who knows where. I think she might need to work on her accuracy." Abigail ranted into the phone.

"I'm sorry, who is this?" A voice that was not Jace answered.

"Sorry, wrong number." Abigail blushed furiously, glad that it couldn't be seen in the dark and through the phone before she hung up. She sighed, looking angrily at her phone.
"Useless hunk of junk." She fumed before sticking it in her pocket. The next thing she did was take inventory. On her she had five seraph blades, her witchlight, her Sensor, her stele, a dagger and Jace's kindjal.

"Not the best inventory." Then again, she hadn't been expecting any of this. She still wished for a little more weaponry in such a strange place.

A growl, so faint that had she been a mundane she might not have heard it. As it was she was a Shadowhunter and tensed for a fight. A shadowy figure of a dog appeared behind her. Abigail grabbed her witchlight and held it in her fist. A thin ray of light peeked between her fingers and illuminated the beast. Just her luck, it was a hellhound.

The hellhound flinched back from the light, only to keep coming. Abigail reached for one of her seraph blades. "Daniel." She whispered as the blade shone upon naming. The hellhound leaped at her as she slashed at it. She wasn't super worried, normally a good blow from a seraph blade would send demons back to their hell dimension. However, this hellhound wasn't affected hardly at all. In fact it started bleeding. Blood, not the normal ichor she had come to expect.

"What the...?" The hellhound pounced once more, taking advantage of her surprise and knocking the seraph blade out of her hand. Its claws raked through her gear and she gasped in surprise at the pain. Grappling for her dagger, she managed to flip the dog off her. The cuts on her chest smarted and she could already tell she would need an iratze and a blood replacement rune, if not more than one each.
The hellhound bared its teeth, preparing for the kill, when a bronze arrow hit it mid jump. The arrow hit it in the heart and the beast disintegrated into sand.

"Are you okay?" A voice asked from the mouth of the alleyway. Abigail looked over and saw a teenage girl with mid-length black hair and sea-green eyes holding a bow. The string still vibrated, making it obvious who had fired the shot, but Abigail could see no quiver of arrows.
"Who are you?" Abigail asked back. "You seem to be a mundane. Do you have the Sight?" It wasn't like just anyone could see a demon and she didn't have any Marks.

———

First she had heard yelling coming from below her window, followed by the sounds of fighting. Worried that Percy might have been attacked by something, Katie grabbed her weapons and made her way to the alley by her house. Once there she saw a girl with light brown hair being attacked by a hellhound. Already there were bleeding wounds on her chest and she had been fumbling for a weapon.