Otherworlder In The Ocean

A/N: This picks up where the last chapter left off, except there's a perspective change to the new otherwolder, Opal. Enjoy!

It was all very disorienting. One minute she was stepping through the seam ripper, the next she was in a body of water. Opal was certain that when she had gone through, she had not been picturing any water.

A single sun was breaking in the east. Clearly she was on the human plane, not the Fae plane. But where she was, she couldn't tell. Someone called out from the distant shore. Opal had to admit, she could use the help. She had never really learned how to swim.

Pain lanced through her head. A young girl with blue hair running for her life. Someone on top of a tall building, seeming confused. A person dancing on stage, in clothes that didn't match the rest of the actors. A girl with two different hair colors, split down the middle in a braid. Opal surfaced out of the future and out of the water. There was another person next to her.

"Hang on, I think I can get us to shore. Just help me by kicking" she said. Opal could sense a deep and painful past. In addition to her future sight, sometimes when she met people she could sense their past.

"Thank you for the assistance." Opal thanked her, kicking as best she could.

Sati helped the new other-worlder to shore. The only reason she was certain the girl was an other-worlder was because of her vibrant purple eyes. From what she had seen, no normal human had purple eyes.

After catching her breath, Sati asked "Are you okay? Not injured?"

"What about the other girl?"

"What other girl?" Isabel asked. Honestly she wouldn't be surprised if multiple otherworlders started appearing at the same time. She would have been sure the fates were just having a field day with her and her friends, except she wasn't sure if their powers extended past their own world.

"You know, the one running from those strange birds." Opal responded. All she got was blank looks. "Um, she has blue frosted hair, silver eyes and is running from a flock of birds. I thought she was supposed to show up today."

"And... how exactly do you know this?" Isabel questioned, thoroughly confused. How did this new girl know all this? Was she in league with whoever or whatever was causing otherworlders to randomly appear?

Opal thought about how she would answer but was distracted by the sound of bird screeching. "Oh, I guess I was early. That never happens." Her visions were a lot more fuzzy in this world than before. She had no idea where on the human plane she was.