Okay, What The Hades Is Going On?

Once Isabel, Darravalgareovean and the other other-worlders had settled into the default meeting room she said, "Okay, I'm new to this problem. If possible, could you guys explain what is going on from the top?"

"I got here first, so I might as well start. I'm Kiara Refana, though you already knew that, and I'm from Jujutsu High in Tokyo. Not this world's Tokyo though, another one. I ended up here almost a week ago and I really have no idea how I got here. One minute I was walking back to the dormitory, the next I fell though the sky and kinda attacked Wonders. Other than that, I'm as lost as everyone else." Kiara explained.

"I showed up next. I'm Ariana Elric, though I also go by Ari, and I'm a State Alchemist for the Amestrian military. I showed up the day after Kiara and have been adjusting since. Things are kind of hectic back where I'm from and somehow, one of my anchor points malfunctioned, leading to my ending up here." Ari continued.

"Next was me. My name is Ariana Tempest and I used to live in Devil's Tower. It was another world and I don't know if the same thing happened here, but it was a prison for my family. I'm a dragon and I was on a quest with some new friends of mine when I somehow ended up here. At first I thought I was just in another part of the country, but obviously, that was not the case." Ariana smiled awkwardly.

"I showed up the next day. I'm Sati Kirigaya, though I also go by Satrina, and I am also from Japan. A totally different Japan than Refana, but Japan. I'm a gamer and swordswoman and I've been here for about two days. I was walking to the bus stop near my school when I somehow ended up here." Sati finished. "And there is one other person who showed up the day after me, though I don't know where they are right now."

Gili poked his head in from the other room, "I've been back here. We're introducing how we got here?" He started walking into the room, "I'm Gili, from a bit of an Irish town in Wyoming in another world. I'm not sure how I got to this world, I was just walkin' over to m'girl, Maeve's, and then I was walkin' up halfblood hill!" He tossed a block of wood that he'd had in his pocket up and down a few times. Then as he sat down, he flicked open his pocket knife, and began to whittle on the butterfly taking shape under his deft fingers.

Darravalgareovean glanced around and assumed he was next, "I am Darravalgareovean Rowan Elessar, you may call me High Elf Elessar if you can not pronounce my first name. I got here by..." He thought for a second, "Magic." He explained eloquently as he shrugged.

"O-kay... in other words Darraval-gareovan dropped out of the sky while I was talking to Katie here," Isabel said. "This is really starting to get out of control and the power of prophecy still isn't working so we can't get a prophecy for a quest. I can try to talk to Chiron about that but it's kind of just an unspoken rule for demigod quests that we don't like to break."

Katie rubbed her brow. "Sounds like you could use all the help you could get. Unfortunately, school for Percy and I is about to start up again. I'll probably be able to make it back tomorrow, but I'm not sure I can have a prolonged absence at this point."

"That's perfectly fine. I don't think any of us would ask you to put your whole life on hold just to help us." Sati knew all too well what happened when one tried to help everyone but oneself.

"Thanks Sati." Katie looked down at her watch. "I should get back home now. I wrote a note for my parents saying I would be back soon, but it's been longer than I expected. Especially since I have to walk back home. Paul's Prius is still parked by our apartment. I'll see you tomorrow." She walked out of the big house as the meeting ended.

———

On her way back to the tree, she got cornered by Annabeth, her brother's girlfriend. "Hey Annabeth."

"Hey Katie. How's Percy doing? Usually the two of you come to camp together." She asked back.

"He wasn't up yet and I didn't feel like waking him. Isabel called me here because she needed help with the otherworlders."

"Makes sense. Those two whose fight you broke up fight every single day. It hasn't been that long but it has been exhausting. It's so hard to work."

"Sorry about that. Percy's been working hard too. I've been tutoring him after school so he can graduate on time. He really wants to go to college with you."

"If Seaweed Brain's that eager to see me, tell him he needs to visit me more often. He knows where I live."

Katie laughed and made her way back home. Once there, she knocked on the door with trepidation. Her mother opened the door. "Katie." She smiled as she pulled her daughter into a hug.
"Sorry about being gone so long. Something came up." Katie explained hesitantly. The rest of the day went normally, but that evening at dinner she decided to break the news to her parents.

"Hey Mom, Paul. About all the time I spent at camp this morning, well, I'm needed back at camp. I don't know when or how long, but something interesting has been happening recently and they need support." No need to talk about how the issue was strange interdimensional warp zones.

Sally Jackson looked down at her plate. "Are you sure they can't do this without you?"
Katie looked straight at her mother. "I know they could use all the help they can get."
Her mother sighed. "Just come home safe."
"Thanks Mom." Katie said, hugging her mother.

———

The rest of the evening was a little more tense. Right as Katie was finishing up her homework, Percy knocked on her door.
"Can I come in?"

"You usually don't ask. Have a seat." Katie answered. Percy sat down on the edge of her bed as she turned her chair around to face him.
"Katie, what is going on at camp? If it's another great prophecy..."

"No it's not." She cut him off. "People from other dimensions have been randomly popping up at Camp Half-Blood. There have been six in the past week and it will probably only get worse. Besides, the Oracle hasn't worked in weeks."

"I know, but still..."

"It's fine. You know, I talked to Annabeth today and you have been studying so much you haven't made time for her. You should come with me to camp tomorrow just so the two of you can be together." Katie suggested. She hadn't planned on mentioning her conversation with Annabeth, but it got Percy to change the subject.

"Fine. I'll leave you alone now." Percy said as he made his way to his room. Katie sighed and looked at her ordinary room. One would have never guessed that two of the most powerful demigods in history lived in this apartment.
It was another hour or two before she finally fell asleep.