Otherworlder In The Woods

A/N: This chapter starts with a new otherworlder's perspective. This time Sapphire Rose. You may continue as normal.

"Stupid Nevermores!" Sapphire shouted as she ran through the woods. She'd walked out of that strange limbo world and smack dab into the middle of nowhere. The first thing she had done was look for Ruby and Yang, the six of them had passed through the weird portal thing together. Nada. She was alone.

Or at least she had been. Sapphire had been minding her own business when she'd walked by a tree full of birds. Her very presence sent them screeching up, and they started to dive bomb her. Since she didn't know where she was, Sapphire decided to save her Dust rounds for a more pressing situation. However, that only left her with the two halves of Blue Moon as she fought off the birds.

The birds looked like Nevermores, though she didn't know exactly what they were. Some new type of Grimm, with sharp claws and beaks. Her blades weren't very effective on them either. And the final nail in the coffin, she couldn't get enough of a break to use her silver eyes to blind or petrify the stupid birds. All she could do was run, slashing at any that came too close for comfort.

She ran face first into a see-through wall. "Ow!" she exclaimed before realizing the predicament she was in. Beyond the wall was a green plain. In the distance, she could see buildings. Safety. Only, she couldn't get there. She was trapped with the Nevermores.

There was a figure coming towards the forest she was in. Sapphire waved her arms around, in a desperate attempt to be noticed.

———

Ari had not expected to see a girl in the woods that morning.

Katie had explained to the other-worlders that there was some sort of extremely dangerous monster in the woods. Until the monsters could be cleared out, she said the Hecate cabin was going to find some way to barricade off the forest so no one would get hurt. So when Ari had gone by the woods on her way to the training arena, she had been shocked to see a girl frantically trying to get her attention.

The other girl was covered in scratches and she held two blue and black knives. Her hair was dark and frosted blue at the tips. Her clothes matched her hair and her eyes were bright silver. Behind her, birds were swarming, preparing for an attack.

Ari knew she had to act fast. It was a good thing that she had left a circle in the forest and it was nearby. It would likely get her across the barrier. Digging in her bag, she pulled out enough knives to make two circles of five. She placed them right next to each other and activated one. The other would serve as a way to get back out. It was either that, or try to tell the girl where the other circle was through the barrier. Ari stepped into the activated circle and felt herself being deconstructed enough to pass though the energy current.

———

The blond girl had disappeared. Sapphire didn't know what to think. It seemed like she had been abandoned to fend for herself. Biting her lip, she turned to face the Nevermores. It's not like Huntresses don't die all the time. I just thought it wouldn't be me. Not now. A knife she didn't throw hit one of the birds. Sapphire spun in the direction it had come from.
It was the blond girl. She had managed to come to help.

"Come on!" She shouted, beckoning. Sapphire nodded and followed her through the woods. They ran until the other girl suddenly stopped. She tapped a spot on the ground, a strange pentagram with blades sunk in at the points. It started glowing.

"Go through! Hurry!" The blond girl shouted, the same  blades circling around her. Sapphire didn't ask questions but stepped into the heart of the circle.

And was outside, in the clearing. She looked in shock at another pentagram, set up the same way. Moments later, the other girl appeared.
"Well that one's gone for a while. What were you doing in the forest anyway? The woods were supposed to be sealed off until the campers got rid of the amphisbaenae." the girl snapped.

"I... I don't know. I just... appeared there." Sapphire said.

So she was an other-worlder too. Figures. "Where are my manners? I can't believe I didn't introduce myself. I'm Ariana Elric. Everyone calls me Ari here. You're at Camp Half-Blood, and it's full of people who want to get people like us back to our homes." Ari said, smiling slightly.