Sati's Nightmare

"Are you ready Satrina?"

"Mhm." she nodded. This had the potential to be our most influential raid since the Floor 1 raid that proved to all the survivors that beating the game was possible. The eradication of Laughing Coffin. The plan was to take them all prisoner. With them out of the way, the number of player kills would hopefully decrease dramatically.

"Let's go!" the Commander called. She moved in with the rest of the group. However, the hideout was... empty?

"What's going on?" The player next to me asked. "Where are they?" There was a beat of silence.

"Above us!" Kirito yelled. She looked up and a horde of player killers dropped from an upper floor and attacked. She got separated from the people she knew, defending herself from a hooded figure. She gritted her teeth as she parried their blade then spun around. There was no way she would be able to capture them as a blade lunged for her throat. There was no time to think as she brought her blade in an arc across her attacker's chest. Their hood fell down, revealing long red-brown hair and a white uniform. Just like the one she herself had on.

"Why, Sati?" Asuna asked as she collapsed. She tried to grab her before Asuna hit the ground, but the other girl exploded into polygons in her arms.

Hideous laughter came from behind her. She turned and saw the Commander, fighting Kirito. As she watched, the sword he wielded transformed into a meat cleaver as he dropped his shield. The leader of Laughing Coffin was in his place, and the cleaver sliced Kirito across the throat.

"Brother!" She screamed. She readied her sword, not caring what she had to do. A familiar weight settled on her back as Nadia returned, her dragon ready to fight.
"Tsk tsk tsk." PoH wagged his finger. "Before you get all mad at me, look at what you did." He pointed.

She turned around. She realized why everyone had seemed familiar. They were the Underworld soldiers, all the friends she had made and fought alongside. Not just them, but others as well. Ari, Kiara, Percy, Katie, and Isabel, all throats slashed. Directly behind her were Eugeo and Alice. And she knew, she was the one who cut them down.

"You understand now, Dragon Queen?" PoH's voice said, directly behind her. "Then die!" A blade protruded from her stomach.

"Stop it!" she shouted. Then everything went black.

Sati snapped awake, breathing heavily. She covered her face as she realized what had happened. Another nightmare.

She threw off her covers and made her way to the window. Outside, there were the telltale signs of dawn. Too late to go to bed again. Though, it was just early enough that she probably wouldn't get in trouble. Sati quickly changed and exited the cabin.

It was always nice being down by the beach. All the human worries seemed so insignificant while staring at the vast expanse of blue-gray. At least normally. However, she couldn't shake her thoughts. That dream had been different from her usual. Sati wished more than ever that she could make her dreams go away.
A crunch of sand alerted her to someone behind her. "What do you want?" Sati snapped. She just wanted to be left alone.

Isabel raised her hands as though surrendering. "I was just coming over to see if you were alright," she said. "I saw you walking over here. You seemed upset. What's go-- who's that?!" Isabel exclaimed when she saw a girl appear in the middle of Long Island Sound.

Sati followed the other girl's gaze and saw the tiny speck that was the new girl. "Hold on! I'm coming!" she called out as she plunged into the ocean.