Don't You Love The Demonic Voices In Your Head?

Training in this world was hard. The most Kiara had been able to do for the past few days was communicate with the dryads and naiads in the woods. And of course her secret, off the books training. Since her main power was spirit summoning, Kiara knew she wouldn't be as much help in a fight. She didn't want to command these spirits, especially after the recent incident where apparently the Earth Mother tried to awaken. Not fun.

This most recent time, she had tried to summon Midnight. Her oldest spirit friend and the first one she had ever summoned. After a little while though, Kiara saw that she had been successful. Midnight looked slightly different, but that could just be the cross-dimensional summoning.

———

After releasing the summons, Kiara made her way back to the heart of the camp and passed Sati walking out of the arena in a hurry. "Hey, Sati. What are you... doing?" she trailed off after being ignored. Looking back, Kiara made her way down to the rest of the group: Percy, Gili and Darravalgareovean.

"What was that all about? She loves the arena for practice." She said to Gili.

"I think something triggered a memory or trauma, maybe. She seemed to be having a panic attack or mental stuckness." He tried to describe as best he could without knowing much.

"Mmh." Kiara made a small noise of agreement. Maybe it had something to do with what she had said earlier about not wanting to go back home? "What happened before she had her episode?"

"It was a normal sparring match." Percy answered. "In fact, she was actually winning until she froze up. I feel kind of bad for taking advantage of it if she really was having a trauma attack."

Kiara thought it over before she remembered something. "Ah. Percy, I think a girl named Annabeth wanted to see you." Percy took off like a shot not long after.

What's up with him? Asura demanded. Kiara winced and placed her hand by her temple.

———

Isabel had been helping Will in the infirmary a before heading to the archery range with her bow. On her way, she saw Kiara, Gili, and Darravalgareovean outside the training arena, and they seemed to be talking about something. "Hey," Isabel said, walking over. "What's going on?"

It was at that moment that Percy ran over, "Where is Annabeth?" he asked.

"We were just talking about Sati. We were worried about her a little." He chuckled at Percy running back over. Gili figured Annabeth was his girlfriend just by how much he wanted to see her.

"Cabin six, I think she said." Kiara said, strained.

What, too good to answer my question? Asura demanded. It was always so hard dealing with her.

Just shut up, please, like I asked you to a week ago. Kiara begged.

You worried everyone will think you're crazy? Don't worry, that ship has sailed. Kiara could feel Asura's smile inside her head.

"Just shut up!" she burst out.

———

Everyone stood confused for a few seconds before Percy broke the silence. "Umm... I didn't say anything?" He shook his head, "Whatever, I'm just going to go find Annabeth. You said cabin six right?" He took off again when Kiara nodded.

It was silent again for a moment. "So... what was that about? Why did you tell us to shut up?" Isabel asked, curiosity getting the best of her.

Kiara realized she had spoken out loud and covered her mouth. Look what you made me do! She snapped at Asura. The curse shrugged in response. It was all she could do to avoid rolling her eyes.

"Uh, sorry. I didn't... I didn't mean to say that. I was just..." she floundered for an excuse that didn't make her sound crazy. Normally Kiara tried to avoid being put into situations like this. "I was lost in thought." Please just let it go!

———

Isabel didn't really believe that, but there wasn't much she could do if Kiara didn't want to talk. "Oh, that's okay," she said, "it happens."

All right... Um, I'm gonna go..." Kiara gestured over her shoulder as she ran off.

"Well that happened." Isabel stated before turning around. At first she thought she was losing it but she distinctly remembered Darravalgaereovan being there before. "Schist," she mumbled. Accepting that she wasn't going to train today, Isabel slung her bow over her shoulder sighing, "I'm going to go find the elf."