Just Two Tired Demigods And A Long Name Guy

Katie Jackson woke up slowly. She wasn't in her room like she usually was and after a minute she realized why. Percy was passed out in front of her with a multitude of textbooks and study materials in between them.

Since Hera had kidnapped Percy and hid him away for nearly eight months for the war against Gaea, he had to catch up on his junior year of high school and finish his senior year. He had told her that he planned on finishing school in the normal four years, despite the extra strain it would put him through.

Something about wanting to go to college with Annabeth. So instead of spending time hanging out with her friends, Katie was helping her brother study, something that wasn't his strong suit. ADHD and dyslexia made just everything worse.

Yawning, Katie made her way to the door to get the mail. It was early morning and her mom and step-dad were still sleeping before they went to work. There wasn't much there, a newspaper, a few bills, and a letter. Addressed to her. She dropped the rest of the mail on the table as she looked for a letter opener.

The letter had no return address, but it was the first communication she had received in the last two weeks. The message was simple: Meet me at camp. Urgent. I'll be under the tree. After scratching out a brief note to her family, Katie was out the door in seconds.

There was someone waiting at the top of Half Blood Hill. Katie was wondering why they had called her here and why they were the first communication she had received in a while. Thankfully, the person waiting at the crest of the hill was someone she knew.

"Hey. What's going on? Why did you send me that note?"

"Oh wow! I wasn't expecting you to actually get it." Isabel responded. "And about why I called you... well, it's kind of hard to explain."

"Just spit it out. We're demigods, everything is weird and hard to explain."

Suddenly a tall man with long blonde hair in a half-up hairdo and flowy green and brown clothing that looked like leaves and nature fell from the sky through a portal and landed on the tree. He nearly crashed hard through the branches, but he was very athletically flexible and quick despite his tall and lanky limbs that otherwise might've gotten in the way. Green tendrils of magic aided him as he swung himself around the tree, spiraling quickly through the branches and landing deftly between the two girls. He whipped an arrow out the quiver at his hip and shot it through what looked to be an old fashioned version of a composite bow back into the quickly closing portal. He sat for a moment just staring at the now empty spot in the sky, not saying a word before finally sighing and looking towards the two girls on either side of him. He still didn't say a word, just gave them a slightly cold look, seeming to ask who they were and where he was, and why, and why they were there as well.

The two friends stood there in shock for a minute before Isabel finally exclaimed, "WHAT THE HADES? Holy Hera, just when I thought things couldn't get any weirder. You'd think nothing would surprise me anymore. Who in Zeus's name are you and what was... that?" She gestured wildly to the sky.

"I am Darravalgareovean Rowan Elessar. You may call me High Elf Elessar if like most humans you cannot pronounce my first name. And..." Darravalgareovean looked at the sky then back at them and shrugged, seeming to say he thought they knew and had likely even less of a clue than the girls.

"Well, hello there Darr–, Dargo–, Darvean–," Katie gave up. "Mr Elessar. My name is Katie and this is my friend Isabel. Um..." She messed with her hair nervously. "Were you trying to come here?"

Darravalgareovean raised his eyebrow in an expression that seemed to say, I don't even know where here is, how would I try to come here? Katie sighed. "Do you know where you're from?"

"The Forest of Dekukoto Kanchi."

"I'm sorry, where is that?"

"That is confidential information. I suppose I am either on another land mass, previously undiscovered or another world. Everyone has at least heard of it in my world."

"Well..." Isabel thought for a moment, "Darravalgareovean," she said carefully, "I guess you're stuck with us for now. At least until we figure out what just happened and how to get you home."

Darravalgareovean nodded his head.

"Was this what you were talking about when you sent me that note? This sort of weird dimensional warp with people falling from other worlds nonsense?" Katie asked Isabel.

"Yep," Isabel said, popping the p. "This has been happening for a few days now but this..." she looked from Darravalgareovean to Katie, and back to the elf. "... No offense but you're the weirdest."

Darravalgareovean just nodded once and rolled his eyes just a little.

"I'm almost afraid to ask, but who else has been randomly appearing? Is it just you? Are the Fates playing with us again? I need details." Katie demanded.

Darravalgareovean tilted his head slightly and raised an eyebrow, seeming to say, you think I have any clue? Or maybe I don't have any clue either.

Isabel held up her hands in defeat, "Believe me, I'm just as confused as you are. I don't think it's the gods this time, but other than that I have no idea."She ran a hand through her hair, "As for the others... there's been five before Darragalve-- OH COME ON! I had it a second ago! There's been five before the long-name guy showed up"