A Walk

Jules POV:
     "What is happening?! I need to find Lizzie." I tell myself trying to steady my breathing. My feet move mechanically to Miss. Olsen's classroom before they suddenly stop. I quickly pull out my phone as I remember that she had sent me a message.

Love of your life ❤️‍🩹:
Hi sweetie, I just wanted to let you know that I'm having lunch with some of the teachers. We're have a meeting. Just in case you were planning on stopping by my classroom. But I'll see you soon my dear heart. Have a good lunch.

A smile manages to make its way across my face even through all my panic. A sigh of relief escapes my lips and I realize I'll see Lizzie soon now that I have her for 5th period instead of Mr. Holloway. "Guess I should go back..."
___________________

"Hey," I say as I sit at the lunch table filled with my friends.

"Hi," they all say in unison before returning to their conversation. All but Abby who is looking right at me. I simply smile and try to pretend I can't feel her staring at me.

"Sooo... was this bathroom trip the same as this morning," she starts up.

I sigh, knowing she's not going to let this go.

"Can we go outside?" I state rather than ask while pulling her up with me. "We'll be back," I announced to the rest of the table.

"What's up?" She asks as we begin to take laps around the field.

"Ok... how would you feel if a student here got with one of the teachers?"

"What?!" She practically shouts, her eyebrows scrunched.

"Just answer the question."

"Umm... I don't know that's weird. All the teachers here are like 30+ years older than us so someone must be real desperate to get with them." She answers honestly.

"Oh..." I say trying to navigate how to move forward and whether or not I should actually tell her about Liz. "What if the teacher's only like... ten-ish years older...?"

"Oh my gosh! You're dating Mr. Holloway?!"

"What?! No! Gross! Why would you say that?" I yell at her, stopping us far into the field away from anyones ear shot.

She laughs at my expression but turns serious as she begins to reply. "Well... I may or may have not followed you to see if you were truly going to the restroom and I may or may have not seen Mr. Holloway pull you into his classroom."

"You were following me?" I scoff at her.

She looks at me as if she's about to defend herself but chooses to let out a small yes accompanied by an even smaller shrug. She gives me a smile trying to lighten the mood, earning an eye roll that then leads to a smile.

"Ok, well, I'm NOT dating Mr. Holloway that's for sure." I told her. The bell rings and we realize that we better start making our way back.

"OH MY GOODNESS JULIANA!" She yells loudly, earning us a few stares from people who are now at least 100 feet away from us.

"What?" I say anxiously as she turns to face me, scared of what she's seen.

"You're with Ms. Olsen!" She exclaims much quieter than her last shout.

"WHAT?!" I yelled at her, covering her mouth and looking around to make sure no one heard her. "You're crazy. I am not!" I say once I'm sure no one did hear.

"Oh my god, you are! Look how defensive you're getting!"

"I am not getting defensive. And I am definitely not with Ms. Olsen," I say quietly grabbing her arm and pulling her as an attempt to get us moving.

"Don't shout! You aren't you. This is crazy-"

"OK! Ok. I have a crush on her but we're never going to date," I say trying to throw her off.

"Oh..." She responds disappointed. "Well," she links our arms and begins to walk, "she is pretty I can't blame you."

"Try beautiful," I say in my head.

"Oooo look at that car," she begins trying to change the conversation. "I want a car like that." I look at where her finger is pointing. A red car with dark-tinted windows parked across the street from the school. "Yeah, it's cool I guess. That's a very distinctive red though."

___________________
A/N: helloooo long time no see :p anywho i'm on spring break and i need to lock in bc i have an exam for econ on monday when i go back 😭 omg also i'm going to the dmv to take my permit test later and im so scared

hi i thought i posted this at like 8 am but i think i was tweaking cause i had just woken up 😭