Lips and Interruptions

Jules POV:
     "What chapstick do I use?! Wait, I taste good? Not me, my chapstick. But technically still me-'' Taking a moment to make sure I'm still breathing, I quickly try to think of something to say before I say something absurd. "Uhm, a vanilla chapstick," I say confused, making it sound more like a question.

     She laughs at my confused state and her eyebrows scrunch as she looks at me. "You sure Jules? You didn't sound very convinced."

     "No, no. I promise it is," I laugh awkwardly, mainly to cover up my embarrassment. "Look, I'll show you." I open the small front pouch of my backpack and rummage through its contents. "I got it at the mall. It's a vanilla bean chapstick. It has goat milk," I say, showing her the chapstick. I take off the lip and roll it up so she sees that I'm not lying.

     "You're so cute Jules," she giggles out, "Ok, I believe you baby."

     I smile at the reassurance and I go back to my comforted state. I pull out the small pocket mirror that I have in my bag and pull it out to apply some chapstick. Smacking my lips and putting my items away I feel her green eyes watch my every move. "What?"

     "Nothing." She shakes her head slightly, but the small smile that she has on her face doesn't budge.

     "Do you want some?" I ask, not knowing what to do as she continues staring at me with anticipation but not saying anything.

      She laughs lightly at my embarrassed state, nodding her head. "Put some on me," she says, motioning her hands towards her. I smile at her signal and get on my knees from my chair to apply some on her, not needing to stand because she was already so close.

     "No, Jules. Get up, you're going to get dirty." She sternly says, giving me her hand to help me up.

     I take her hand and do as she says. "Ok, then you get up," I say knowing that I could do it from this angle, but I want to bend over and have a hunch back in front of her.

     "No, I don't have to get up. You're the one who wanted to talk to me," she says matter-of-factly.
I roll my eyes at her and get ready to fight back but before I can say anything, she beats me to it. "Ugh, Jules you're making this so complicated. Come here." She extends her arm and grabs me by the waist pulling me closer to her. "Sit."

     "On- on your lap?" I say stuttering, heat echoing through my body.

     She simply nods and pulls me closer to her, her hands never leaving my hips. As I get closer to her lap I ultimately open my legs to sit on her. She sits up in her chair to comfortably sit with her arms wrapped around my waist for extra support, her stomach touching mine. I take a deep breath and try not to panic.

     "Why am I so stubborn?" I curse in my head. But I know, I know, that if I knew this were to be the outcome of telling her to stand up, I'd do it again. I lean back into her arms slightly so that I am able to apply the chapstick on her lips
I place one of my hands on her cheek to hold her in place. She flinches slightly under my touch but then leans into it. With my other hand, I hold the chapstick that got me into this mess and follow the curves of her lips. My breathing begins to speed up when she opens her mouth ever so slightly to give me better access and the butterflies in my stomach begin to crash into the walls aggressively.

     I make the mistake of looking up at her and see her green eyes looking at me, her own eyes dashing from my lips to my eyes. I swallow hard feeling both of our stomachs rise and fall quicker against each other. Inching ever so slightly closer to her I begin to beg myself to stop, but feeling her arms pulling my waist closer to her I decide to give in. Her face is just seconds from mine, her breath falling on my lips. I lean in for her and-
A knock at the door echoes through the silent room and I quickly pull away from her, placing my hands on her shoulders instead. The butterflies in my stomach that were once excited all drop at once and her hand flashes from my back and its place over my mouth. "Shh," she whispers. We listen in fear, our eyes big as saucers, before a more aggressive knock follows the last one.

      Frozen in fear, she finally decided to take the initiative. I quickly get off her lap when I feel her getting ready to stand. She quickly looks around her room and points to a cupboard near her desk. I shake my head at her before I hear another knock on the door and hear the handle turning before I run to it and get in quickly. She runs after me and closes the door at the same time her classroom door opens.

     "Hello, Ms. Olsen." I hear a muffled voice say from outside the door.

     "Kill me." I sigh out quietly.

________________
A/N: well hello there 👩‍💻 i was going to post this earlier but forgot. for those who patiently waited, here's a cookie 🍪