Twisted Surprise

Jules Pov
I had awoken to Lizzie in a completely slumped state. Her hand was slung over my stomach,
holding onto my shirt, as her body lay sprawled next to mine.

I didn't know what had exactly happened last night other than the fact that something was haunting her. "He," she had said last night. I didn't know who "he" was but what I did know was that she was terrified of him.

I began slowly getting up, trying not to wake her as my thoughts on who the mysterious man was were getting to loud. The beg dipped as my body moved, causing her to make a small noise before she turned over, letting go of me, and curling up into a ball.

I smiled at the beautifully sad woman who lay, still asleep. I covered her with her blanket before
roaming around the room we were in.

She had some random papers sprinkled around and a couple of unfolded blankets on the floor. I decided to help clean as my poor attempt to help her. I picked up the blankets and folded them quietly, placing them on a side chair.

I had begun to sort some of the papers lying around. She had some assignments from students who I hadn't heard of but paid no mind wanting to mind my business and be respectful. I had finished sorting the loose papers by the date, before stumbling over a box filled with even more papers.

"What the..." I sighed lightly. "Why does this woman just have so many papers lying around in one room?" I thought to myself.

I had begun to go through the papers, thinking they were more schoolwork papers. I lifted the first paper and right underneath an old white certificate caught my eye.

I looked over it before realizing it was a marriage certificate.

"Bryan Medina and Elizabeth Olsen"

My eyebrows scrunched up as I read the words.
"'Bryan Medina?' She's married?" I asked myself quietly, looking back at the sleeping woman before turning my attention back to the paper. "No. She can't be. She doesn't have a ring... Or maybe it's like when people don't wear it but they're married? No, it can't be. Wait, this isn't him him, right? No, it can't be. Where is this Bryan guy? Not here obviously. I'm here," I pondered to myself. "Wait, but what if she is married?"

I began to nervously rummage through the contents of the box, secretly hoping to find a divorce paper, before finding a small photo album filled with wedding pictures of a younger Lizzie and a man with bright blue eyes and a muscular build. "Oh my god, she's married! Wait, but where is Bryan? And who's the other guy?!"

I looked some more, falling deeper into the rabbit hole, a headache from the confusion arising. I reached the end of the box, not finding anything that helped me identify the man, but instead, a dainty ring with a heart-stoned diamond right smack in the middle, feeling like a slap across the face.

"Of course, she's married. The woman is perfect! What man wouldn't want her? God, I'm so stupid." I angrily whisper-yelled at myself.

"No..." My breath hit hitched. "No, no, no." I stood up quickly realizing why I was so upset, "How could I possibly have a crush on her? My very own teacher? A whole straight married woman. Everything about her is impossible for me to have. I can't possibly have a crush on her."

Before I could yell at myself anymore in my head, I heard her moving around from behind me. I quickly bent down stacking the papers back into the box, with the ring at the bottom, returning them to their original position. Bouncing back up, I placed the papers I collected at the beginning on top of a dresser.

Without a second thought, I made my way out of the room, leaving Lizzie moving lightly around in bed. I walked into the hallway, forgetting where the restroom was, ruining my plans to freak out in there, and ended up in the kitchen.

Before I knew it, I began to look around and collect things to make breakfast, distracting myself from freaking out at my discovery. I began to mix eggs, flour, and some milk, making pancake batter.

"I did this to myself." I thought as I poured the batter into a pan over medium heat that I managed to collect in a matter of minutes. "No duh, she wouldn't date me, even if she was single." I ranted to myself plating the pancakes. "The woman is quite literally forbidden. First of all, she's older than me. Secondly, the woman is my teacher." I continued saying, washing the dishes I had used to prep. " And lastly, she has-''

"Jules?" I heard Lizzie groggily groan out of the room as I had finished washing the dishes, cleaning my mess.

A choice had arisen. I wanted to run home and cry myself to sleep because of how stupidly pathetic I was and how I had fallen in love with my very own teacher.  But, going home wasn't exactly an option. I didn't know where I was, and I would have to see her at school and have to explain why I had run out of her home.

"I hate myself right now."

_____________
A/N: i live 🧟‍♀️ as taylor swift herself said, "you're loosing me"