Text Me

Jules POV:
Finally reaching the donut shop parking lot I looked around for Lizzie's car. Finding her famous tinted windows, I run towards it when I see someone I know from school. I pull on the door handle and quickly hop into the passenger seat, closing the door as fast as I could.

"Oh my go-"

Lizzie wraps her arms around me and pulls me into a tight hug. "You're stuff is in the back. I started getting nervous the second you left and something told me I had to check up on you. What did he do?" She hugs me tighter as she speaks and I simply hug her back, all my problems seeming to melt away.

"I'm ok, I promise." I try to push the memory far away, not wanting to remember the feeling of that man near me.

"Did he touch you? When I got there I saw him close to you from the window on the door and I went inside without thinking twice," she pulled away from me and placed her hands on my face moving it around, examining it.

"No, I'm fine. I promise Lizzie he didn't hurt me. I mean he tried to kiss me so I lied to him to get him away, but he was really persistent. But he didn't hurt me, I'm ok."

She sighs out in relief and pulls me into her arms once more. "If anything happened to you, I would've killed that man. I had to pretend to be nice but I wanted nothing more than to slap him right across the face. Seeing your little face all upset and uncomfortable hurt so much," she said a pout growing on her face.

"I'm ok," was all I could say. In an attempt to comfort her, I placed my forehead against hers. "Can you take me home?" I want nothing more than to lay in my bed in a ball.

"I will baby," she said, caressing my cheek. "Wait, can I see your phone really fast," she says, putting a hand out to me. I get my phone from my butt pocket and hand it to her unlocked, not knowing what she's doing.

     She quickly types some stuff into my phone before handing it back with my messages open. "Text or call me if you need absolutely anything, ok? If he tries something, text me and I'll be there as fast as I can." Her eyes widened slightly remembering something. "Wait, do you need to be in class? I can talk to the counselor and see if I can have you in my room. I'll make something up about college," she says looking out the front window, thinking hard. "I don't have a class anymore, so I switched with the other history teacher. She took my class and free period and I took hers."

     "Oh," I say quietly, realizing that that's why the teacher I saw earlier was constantly talking to her.

     She lets out a loud sigh before smiling and turning her attention to me. "You look super cute baby." She smirks at me and places her right hand on my thigh. "Dress is a little short though, don't you think?" She adds to her compliment, tugging my dress down a little.

     I laugh at her comment not knowing if I should tell her that she was the reason this dress was so short. "Well, everything's for a reason. And if your gaze just happens to land upon me, what can I do?" I say innocently.

     She gives me a sarcastic side eye before rolling her eyes, "Ok, let's get you home my little narcissist." I laugh at her joke and nod. I feel her hand move away from my thigh and I quickly grab ahold of it not wanting her to let go of me.
"Oh wait, can you park around the block?" I say as I recognize a grocery store that's two blocks from my house. "My stepdad might recognize your car."

     "What?" She says, panic in her voice, her eyebrows wrinkling together and her grip on my hand intensifying for a second.

     "Yeah..." I saw awkwardly. "He saw it when you dropped me off from Second Saturday but he couldn't see you and he recognized it yesterday when you were here but he couldn't remember where he'd seen it."

     Lizzie lets out a small sigh and parks a block before my house. "You're stepdad needs to stop being nosy. How am I supposed to know if you made it home safely?" I laugh at her sarcastically annoyed tone, but notice the truth in her words. "Text me when you get inside ok?"

      "I will," I say smiling at my now sad Lizzie. I give her a tight hug, my heart hurting at her sadness. My braveness grows just enough for me to pull away and kiss her on the cheek. Seeing the smile red on my cheeks with her mouth slightly open in an "o" shape I take the opportunity to quickly get out of the car so she can't say anything. "What did I just do?" I think giddily to myself.

_________
     Upon entering my home I wave happily to my mom and Tom who are on the couch with my little sister.

     Entering my room and open my phone to text Lizzie. When my phone reads my face and it unlocks my messages are already open to a chat with "Love of your life ❤️‍🩹". I laugh at the name she gave herself.

Jules:
just here to let the love of my life know i'm safe!
read at 4:56 p.m.

Love of your life ❤️‍🩹:
Awww, thank you baby you're so sweet! 😉 But seriously, thank you for letting me know. I'll see you tomorrow my love. (I'll let you know what happens with the counselor)

     I smile at the text and giddily begin my homework on the carpet. "Please Ms. Escobedo" I plead to my counselor in my head.

___________
A/N: i forgot to post this earlier 😛 but omg guys i didn't get to finish this in my math class this time bc he made us do work i was like "how rude don't you know this is my creative writing time 😒" anyway i hope you enjoyed this :)