To Say, Or Not To Say

Jules POV:
     "Well, Jules..." Abby says just before we enter the cafeteria, people flowing around us but paying no mind, "I love you, ok? So, whatever you're planning on doing... just don't get yourself in trouble, and don't get her in trouble. As much as I hate the amount of homework she gives, she is a good teacher. Just... be careful."

     I take her words to heart and am overwhelmed with our friendship and some fear of whatever Mr. Holloway was trying to tell me and what he knows that I don't. We continue our walk and we both see Lizzie arriving at her door. As she looks up we lock eyes and she smiles at me.

     "Have fun," Abby says, nudging my side, dragging my attention away from Liz, a smirk plastered across her face.

     I feel my face fluster as I give her a side eye, but I push it and her aside. "Ha-ha. I'll see you later," I mock, turning her around to be on her way.

     "Hi sweetie," Lizzie says as she holds the door open for me, "come on in." I smile in response, making my way to my to plop atop of her desk. I hear the door close behind her and watch as she locks it shut. "Need to make sure it's locked this time," she says, raising her eyebrows and making an amused face that morphs into a big silly smile.

     I let out a laugh at her expression and watched as she strutted her way over to me. She stands between my open legs and places her hands on my hips. "How was your lunch, baby?"

     I stare into her loving eyes and I remember everything that's happened in the span of thirty minutes. "Eventful," was all I could say, despite my mind begging me to tell her everything right then and there.

     She lets out a soft chuckle. "You could say that again," she utters while rolling her eyes. I raise my eyebrow trying to understand what she means. "You're teachers are very curious about everyone's personal lives. And they are filled with what seemed to be never-ending questions about how I ended up here," she sighs, her eyes zoned out to my right. I shift slightly to get her out of her small trance and her now disoriented eyes find their way back to mine. "Two of them were scared of me though," she laughs trying to lighten the mood.

     I smile at her attempt in my own attempt to put her at ease. "Maybe I shouldn't tell her, it seems to be bothering her already... But I should tell her... right?" I open my mouth to begin talking before I shut it right back up.

     "What's the matter, sweetheart?" She asks, beginning to play with my hair with one of her hands. "Nothing," I replied quietly.

     "Are you sure?"

     I nod quickly and smile as convincingly as possible. "Can you keep playing with my hair?"

     She laughs at my request and places a soft kiss on my forehead. "Anything for you my love," she says booping my nose before making her way behind me. "So, why was Abigail raising her eyebrows and winking at you," she says, beginning to run her hands through my hair.

      I feel my face go red with some slight embarrassment and try to cover it up. "Oh...that! She actually... she has a crush," I begin, "and she saw him in the hallway and she was just being silly." My eyes widen slightly as I realize this is the perfect way to indirectly talk about this Bryn Medina. "His name's actually Bryan."

     "Oh," she mutters, my head being pulled back slightly as she accidentally pulls on a strand of hair she was weaving into a braid. "Oh, I'm so sorry," she exclaimed, kissing the back of my head where she pulled my hair.

     "It's ok," I say pretending it didn't hurt before deciding to continue. "You know... I know it's a pretty common name but I've neer actually met a Bryan, have you? "

     "Uhm..." She goes quiet but continues to braid my hair. "I have once, in college, but..." She goes quiet again and my heart hurts for her.

     "God I'm a horrible person. Why did I bring him up?! Maybe they got a divorce because he did something horrible and now he just can't get over her like Holloway said. But how does he even know who Bryan is? I don't even know who he is!"

     "He was," she begins before pausing for a second, "quite the character." I wait to see if she's going to add more to her statement but as she begins to tie off the braid I realize she's not going to.

     "Did you guys get along? Or was he like your academic rival?" I laugh at the last question trying to make interrogation less serious.

     "No, no. He uhm... he was in another major so we definitely weren't academic rivals but uhm... we were acquainted." She lets out a small sigh before placing the braid on my right shoulder and sitting down in her desk chair.

     I take a moment to decide if I should continue or stop prying the poor girl. I hop off her desk and plaster a smirk on my face, "Was he your boyfriend?"

     "Ha-ha," she says, poking fun at me. I look at her intently, watching the gears in her head trying to produce a response. "We were... involved for a while," she replies in a disappointed tone, "For someone who's never met a Bryan you seem awfully interested in them."

     "Sorry," I giggle, "guess I just have lots of questions about recent things... I mean I need to get as much entail on Bryan's to make sure Abby is safe you know."

     "Right," she says, nodding her head in agreement. "Well, I'm going to work on grades. Feel free to do whatever you want babe but if you want to help me grade I have these papers and the answer key here," she says pointing to different parts of her vast desk.

     I nod my head and allow her to get to work. "That's enough prying I think..." I say to myself as I take a seat and begin to grade some papers.

_____________
A/N: omg guys i passed my permit test !! ty to those who wished me good luck !! 💋 hope you enjoyed this small chapter, i didn't rlly know how to do this one but the next one is gonna be better bc imma branching off of this one lol