Betraying Eyes

Jules POV:
     I slowly knock on Ms. Olsen's door, careful not to drop the abundance of things in my hands. I see Lizzie peeks her head out slowly through the door window before she smiles at me and opens the door.

"Good morning baby," she says, stretching out helping arms to carry the load.

"Good morning," I reply walking into her classroom while she holds the door open.

I plop into a chair that is pulled up next to hers, the missing chair from the table nearest to her desk. It's the same chair I pulled up the first time I stayed after school with her and the chair I've sat in every day after school since that fateful day.

She sits in her chair and rolls closer to her desk. Her laptop shines on her face, enhancing her beautiful features. I take a bite of my grilled cheese, followed by a sip of my iced coffee. "Why are you always working?" I ask, noticing her routine that she seems to follow thoroughly, which consisted of staying after school for at least an hour, and within it, she was constantly typing away if I didn't manage to interrupt her.

"Well firstly," she starts not looking away from her screen, "it's my job. And secondly, I need to have things in check just in case anything else happens..."

Her voice trails off as she fades back into her work and I disappointingly puff out a breath of air knowing it's best not to bother her. But, at the same time, I want to talk to her. I get up from my chair and take the few steps it takes me to get to her. "But, wouldn't you rather have fun, I mean it's 7:40 in the morning. You have 20 minutes to do something fun. I'm fun, you could talk to me instead." I smile mischievously at her from the side and see as her eyes roll around her head before they look at me, a smile trying its best not to break through.

Her green eyes scan my whole face and I turn pink under her gaze. Finally, she lets out a small sigh, closing her eyes and shaking her head slightly. But the smile on her face grows before she opens her eyes and stares at me lovingly. "Ok," she slightly closes her laptop and rolls away from it slightly to get closer to me. "We can eat breakfast together," she starts, staring up at me from her seat, "but then I have to get back to work, ok?"

It takes everything in me to not jump up like a happy toddler. Biting my lip to contain my childish smile, I nod in agreement to her terms. She rolls close to me once I'm seated, so close that if we were both to stand at the same time, our bodies would slam against each other. I feel my cheeks slightly flush as I watch her take a bite of her muffin.

"Stop Jules, I swear!" I begin to yell in my head. But how can I? She looks so effortlessly beautiful, even when doing something so simple as eating a chocolate chip muffin. The closer I've gotten to her the more the butterflies in my stomach multiply and rapidly fly. I quickly look away and begin to take a sip of my iced coffee as absent-minded as I can look to throw her off my scent.

"What did you get to drink?" She asks me, taking another bite of her muffin. I nearly choke on my drink when I see her lift her pointer and pinky fingers to pull down the wrapper.

"Uhmm... Iced coffee," I say clearing my throat, trying to collect my thoughts and the butterflies that are now tickling the inside of my stomach. I catch my eyes flickering from her eyes to her lips and force my attention to the cup in my hand. I feel her eyes analyze me and know that I have to change the subject fast. "Have you had it before?"

"Hmm, I don't believe I have. Is it good?" She says moving the conversation along with me. I simply nod in response but watch as she looks at me expectantly. "Did- uhmm... do you want to try it?"

"Wow Jules, you really do know how to pressure a girl," she answers smugly knowing she got what she wanted. Passing her the cup I watch closely as she takes a sip from the same lip my very lips were just on. "I need to stop thinking like this. What is wrong with me?!"

She hums out in delight before giving my cup back to me. "It's really good!" She exclaims, her nose scrunching in happiness. I smile and quiety laugh at her adorable reaction while her gaze stays on the cup that has now returned to my hands. "Do you want some more?"

I watch as her eyes widen ever so slightly and she nods her head happily. "Here you go, love of my life," I laugh, poking fun at her contact name. She happily shrugs her shoulders and begins to take another sip of my drink

"Want some of my muffin baby?" She asks me keeping the coffee in her hand. I nod, sadly accepting the fact that I might not get my coffee back. I stretch out my hand expecting her to break off a piece for me but instead she hands me the whole muffin to bite out of it as I please. My mind finally begins to relax and I calmly take a bite out of the chocolate muffin, right when she had previously bitten it. For the first time since getting her away from her work I managed to get my gaze and thoughts away from her. And then that moment was cut short.

"Hey, what chapstick do you use? It tastes good."

________________
A/N: why hello there my dear :p i hope you didn't wait to long (it's been like two weeks and i'm terribly sorry) i'm back tho so let's prays my motivation stays bc that thing died on me 😭 also i finally got out of my stats class and im in drama so i haven't done any writing in my 6th period but don't even worry imma get on the grind in drama 😛 ok bye, much love ❤️‍🩹