N sounds very distressed.

"What if they don't-"

"Suzy, stop! Can't you tell he's scared?"

Katie cuts her off.

They keep talking and you struggle to move your body. You manage to twitch your hand, but nobody takes notice. You do it again and the talking stops. You feel a hand rest on top of yours, and you shift your head slightly. Everyone holds their breath, waiting for you to open your eyes or say something.

You slowly open your eyes, and squint at the bright hallway lights. Everyone inhales sharply. N's hand tightens around yours.

"I'm so tired."

You say very slowly.

"Wh-where have you been?"

N asks with a hurt expression.

"We looked everywhere for you!"

You see the pain in his eyes.

"N..."

You blink slowly.

"I just... I didn't want to hurt anybo-"

"I don't care!"

His voice cracks.

"You almost died! AGAIN!"

Suzy, Katie, and Uzi watch nervously.

"Do you have any idea how terrified I was?"

He does not let go of your hand.

"I-I didn't know what to do... I almost killed Suzy!"

You defend.

"I value your lives over mine."

You state plainly.

"Well I don't value my life over yours."

He closes his eyes. You notice something on his arm. It's a bite mark, still leaking oil. Your eyes widen in shock.

"Wait... you didn't..."

N lets go of your hand to cover the wound, opening his eyes.

"I had to."

You shake your head.

"No..."

"B, you were literally about to combust!"

Uzi says with a frown.

"No... I got the update..."

You explain. Katie and Suzy seem confused, but Uzi and N look at you in horror.

-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0

You sit in Uzi's office chair with the device stuck to your head once again. N, instead of sitting on the bed, is on the floor next to you with his head leaning against the armrest. It looks super cute, but you are too busy worrying about your programming to acknowledge it. In fact, you are subconsciously running your hand through his hair. Luckily, Uzi doesn't notice either, as she is busy typing away on her laptop.