Chapter 5

"Follow me."

Tessa walks over to a computer. Next to it is what looks like a VR set. She grabs a suit that was hanging on a rack and hands it to you.

"Put this on. It's a VR bodysuit."

"Cool!"

You exclaim, examining the suit. You carefully slip it on over your clothes and Tessa helps you with the zipper.

"Alright,"

Tessa picks up a helmet that has wires, connecting it to the computer.

"This simulation will put you in the body of that drone right there,"

Tessa points to the disassembly drone you saw earlier.

"And while you're in there, I will talk to you through my headset and give you instructions. Got it?"

You nod and close your eyes as Tessa puts the helmet over your head. You open your eyes and see an empty white room. You hear Tessa's voice coming out of nowhere.

"Can you hear me?"

"Yes."

"Great. Now look at your hands."

You lift your hands to examine them. They are no longer human hands, but robotic ones. You flex and stretch your fingers.

"Whoa!"

You look down and see

Opt. 1 (fem)

That instead of feet, you have sharp points at the bottom of your robotic legs.

Opt. 2 (male)

That your feet seem to be shoe-like and flat at the bottom.

(End of options)

You see something flick in front of you.

"Tessa, what was that?"

"Your tail."

"My WHAT?"

You turn around quickly to look, but you don't see it. You turn the other way, but still can't find it. You start to spin around like a dog as you try to catch your tail. You stop when you hear Tessa laughing like crazy.

"Hahaha, s-sorry!"

Tessa tries to calm herself down and then continues speaking.

"Try to control it. See if you can feel it, and move it around voluntarily."

You hold still and try to focus. You imagine as if your tailbone was longer, and you and wiggled it, feeling dumb.

"There you go! You're getting the hang of it!"

Tessa exclaims.

Surprised, you curve your tail so it's in front of you. You examine it closely. It's the same syringe as the one you saw earlier.

"Great job! Now that we have the tail mechanics down, let's move on to the weaponry."

You return your tail back to it's original position behind you.

"To draw out a weapon, you need to activate it via your mind."

Tessa explains.

"Huh?"

"Try to imagine a weapon, like claws, coming out of your arms."

You close your eyes, and think of the claws you saw in your dream and visualize them coming out of your forearms.

"Perfect!"

You open your eyes and instead of seeing the robotic hands, you see four claws coming out of each of your forearm vesicles. You bend your claw fingers at the joint and turn them around to look at the backside.