Chapter 8

You look directly at the drone hiding in the trees and they look back at you. Their yellow eyes display fear. You simply wave. They check their surroundings before slowly emerging from the trees. After having a closer look, you see that it's a male disassembly drone.

He glides down on a pair of sharp-looking wings.

"What's your name?"

You ask once he lands. He puts his hand on the back of his neck, clearly nervous.

"I-I'm Serial Designation N."

He says.

You smile reassuringly.

"It's nice to meet you, N. I'm Serial Designation B."

You say, holding out your hand. He hesitates for a moment, then shakes your hand.

"So, uhm"

You say, letting go.

"Wanna tell me why you... followed me around?"

N's eyes widen.

"Oh! I'm really sorry about that! I didn't mean to be creepy or anything, I was just... I didn't know how to approach you."

He explains hastily.

"I get it."

You nod in understanding.

"So, the company sent you here?"

"JCJenson? Yep."

"How come?"

N tilts his head slightly.

"We received information that the worker drones built some sort of fortress, and that your team was having trouble with it, so I came to help."

You answer.

"Speaking of which, where's the rest of your team? There are two others, right?"

N nods.

"Oh, yeah. J and V. They're out hunting somewhere. Lets go find them."

The two of you spread out your wings and take off.

After a few minutes of flying, N asks,

"So, what kind of disassembly drone are you?"

He examines your wings, which look a lot different than his.

"I'm the upgraded version."

"Cool!"

You fly in silence. It's very awkward.

"Hey! Look!"

You point at something on the ground.

"That looks like V!"

N says.

"Oh, and there's J!"

He points at another figure. The two of you land in front of the disassembly drones.

"Whoa!"

The drone with short hair pulls out a gun and aims it at you. You just look at her, expressionless. You know you're much stronger than her, so she can't hurt you.

"N, who the hell is this?"

The drone with pigtails walks over to N and grabs him by the collar of his coat in a threatening manner. The short haired girl walks closer to you, still aiming her gun.

"Who are you?"

She says as if this were an interrogation.

"I'm Serial Designation B"