Chapter 6

You head down the halls towards your training room, ready for day two. Once you reach room A27, you push open the door.

"Hey, Tessa! I'm ready to-"

But the room is empty.

"Tessa?"

You walk inside, looking around. You look behind some equipment, then you hear a faint noise coming from next door. You exit room A27 and notice that the racket is coming from room A26. It's not just noise, it's yelling.

You walk closer to the door and press your ear up against it. You hear an Australian accent, none other than Tessa's. She's angry. You also hear an unfamiliar male voice, yelling as well. You manage to catch a few words they are saying.

"You must do what is right for the company, Elliot."

"But this isn't right and you know it! We need to tell them the TRUTH!"

You hear Tessa yell.

"You know the plan Elliot! If we tell them, the process is ruined!"

"But SIR, it's-"

"ENOUGH."

The man cuts Tessa off.

"Get back to your training."

"Y-yes sir."

Tessa sounds defeated.

You hear footsteps and figure that Tessa must be heading towards the door to leave. You quickly run back around and enter A27 before she sees you.

You walk around the room, pretending to be looking for Tessa as she walks in.

"Oh, there you are!"

"Hi, Y/N. Sorry, I was talking to my boss. I hope I wasn't being too loud."

"Nope"

You give Tessa a smile, and she thankfully doesn't notice that it's forced.

"Right, ready to get started?"

Tessa asks, clapping her hands together. You nod in response.

-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0

"Tessa, are you sure you're okay?"

You ask, two hours into the simulation practice. Tessa isn't talking much, which is very unlike her.

"Hm? Oh! I'm alright, Y/N. I just had an argument earlier, and I'm still thinking about it."

You listen, nodding as you use your claws to slice a worker into pieces. You know better than to ask, but there is definitely something going on that Tessa isn't telling you about. What is she hiding?

-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0

After a few days of training with weapons, you start learning how to fly.

"Activating your wings is just like activating a weapon. Give it a try."

You imagine a pair of wings sprouting out of your back. You feel a weird sensation, you can sense a new attachment. You move your wings like how you learned to move your tail. They are made of a strange substance, a shiny and flexible metal. Your wings seem to be like that of a dragon's. You flap them slightly.

"Very good! Try to lift yourself off the ground."

You flap your wings harder and feel your feet leave the ground. You swing your tail, trying to maintain balance. Your tail swings a little too far and it accidentally penetrates your hand. You feel no pain, but you land and examine your hand, which now has a hole burning through it.