Chapter 14

You and N reach the landing pod just before the sunrise. You glide through the entrance to the corpse-spire and land on top of the landing pod. N opens the hatch located on the top, and you drop down inside. You look around and notice that the pod is a lot like yours.

"You brought them HERE?!"

You spin around to see V sitting in a chair in the corner. A heavy chain is holding her back, and her hands are bubble blowers for some reason.

"V, why do you hate me all of the sudden!?"

You ask in a stern tone.

She doesn't answer right away.

"J told me-"

"J?!"

You interrupt her.

"First of all, you said it yourself that J was full of shit. Why do you believe her now?"

You interrogate her.

"She showed me proof."

You step back in disbelief.

"Proof? Proof of what!?"

You are lost. What is she talking about?

"Don't play innocent, B! You LIED to us!"

V yells with a mix of hatred and sadness.

"V,"

You whisper.

"I don't know what you're talking about."

You say earnestly.

"If what you're saying is true, that I am hiding something, then the company never told me."

V's expression softens slightly.

"Why wouldn't they tell you?"

N asks.

"Probably because it's something bad."

You cross your arms and think hard.

"Something that I wouldn't consent towards."

You snap your fingers as you remember.

"Oh! Back in my training, I remember hearing my instructor talking to someone! She was mad and said something about how the company was lying to me."

You start pacing back and forth.

"And the guy said that if they told me the truth then some sort of 'process' would be ruined..."

"Process?"

N looks at you, worriedly.

"That might mean they put something in your code..."

N puts on a thinking face.

"Oh! When you fainted earlier, I saw some weird symbol flash on your screen for a second..."

You turn to him, curious.

"What did it look like?"

V is intrigued as well.

"I looked kinda like..."

N looks around for some paper and finds a sheet sitting on the dashboard. He picks up the pencil next to it and starts drawing.

"This."

He turns the paper around and shows you a strange symbol you've never seen before.

"...And it was glowing red."

You take the paper and examine the unfamiliar symbol.