The Fleece - Book 2

"And the quest goes to Clarisse! Daughter of Ares!" Mr D announced in front of the wounded demigods.

"What?" Emma yelled.

"Emma..." Percy said softly.

"No! That was my idea about the fleece! It's your quest Percy!" Emma said looking at Percy.

"Grover will be fine." Percy said. "We have to get Camp back up and running."

"One that's Mr D's job. Secondly the fleece is with Grover and can revive camp. It's an easy choice. We should be able to do this. It's on the Sea of Monsters, who better than the son of the God of Sea." Emma said as the Athena kids backed her up.

"Yeah!" A unfamiliar voice came from the Poseidon table. This time instead of one person sitting at the table. Two. Tyson and Percy. Percy's Cyclopes brother, who Poseidon had sent to Percy. Already, Tyson had taking a liking to Emma even through they hadn't even talked yet.

"I agree with Emma." Connor Stoll said standing up taking the Hermes cabin on Emma's side.

"Shut up." Ares kids yelled as they cheered on Clarisse.

"It's settled." Mr D said as he walked off to his office. Emma watched him walk away and walked off with a mix of emotions.

"Emma!" Conner yelled running after her. "Hermes kids start sorting out the crumble from the fight!" Percy watched as Conner Stoll chased after Emma. Slamming on the table in frustration, Percy got up and followed loosely behind.

"What do I do?" Tyson yelled.

"You and the Athena cabin help the Hermes!" Percy yelled following Conner and Emma.

•••••

Emma ended up at the Athena cabin as she started to go through books trying to find something.

"What are you looking for?" Conner asked walking in after her standing close to her.

"Information." Emma said as she focused on the books.

"About what?" Conner asked confused.

"About the fleece."  Emma said like he was stupid.

"Why?" He asked.

"Because then maybe. If I tell Mr D what the fleece can actually do. Then maybe he will let Percy go on the quest." Emma said finally finding a book and flicking through the pages.

"Emma." Conner said softly. "Calm down."

Percy walked in and watched as Conner tried to calm Emma down from looking for the fleece. Emma looked at the door feeling Percy was there and sighed relaxing looking at him.

"There we go." Conner said not noticing that Percy was the reason why Emma had calmed down so quickly.

"I have it." Emma said looking over at Percy. Smiling Percy would walk over to Emma and Conner

"Conner." Percy said standing next to Emma.

"Percy." Conner said standing back.

"What is it?" Percy asked taking the book from Emma.

"The fleece. I know why Luke wants it. He wants to revive Kronos. He wants to bring Kronos back right? The fleece is the key to that. It can revive anything." Emma said looking at the book over Percy's shoulder.

"How do you know that?" Conner asked. Percy looked up from the book at Conner and stared at him.

"Cause she's smart." Percy said. "And knows Luke well enough."