Emma

Gasping awake Percy looked around.

"Emma..." Percy whispered as he ran out the Hermes cabin nearly braking the heavy doors. Running to the Athena cabin, Percy ran inside and looked trying not to wake anyone up. Seeing an empty bed Percy's heart dropped. Running out of the Athena cabin he ran towards the lake.
Running out of breath, Percy saw someone sitting in the lake looking out. Feeling at home with the lake, Percy would sit down next to this person even if it meant having wet clothes.

"What are you doing Emma?" Percy asked looking at the girl next to her.

"Everywhere, everything reminds me of my mother." Emma turned to the boy. "Except the water. That reminds me of Poseidon. Of you. I don't know why Percy but I think I've been searching for you for a long time. And I think you have been too. A person who gets you, who just clicked with you."

"Emma..." Percy said.

"Look Percy. The sunrise it's beautiful." Emma said looking up at the sky. Percy looked up with the girl. It was just them. No one. The two looked at each other and smiled.

"If I get a quest. If you come with me. I don't want you getting hurt." Percy said.

"Same for you Jackson." Emma smirked. Percy nodded.

"Sorry to interrupt your meeting." Chiron said standing over them. "Emma go get ready. Percy your time has come. You need to choose those who will take on the quest with you."

"Emma." Percy said standing up helping the girl up. "And Grover."

"There's others." Chiron suggested.

"I have my two sir." Percy said.

"Very well. Go to your cabins and get everything you need." Chiron said smiling at the two.

•••••

Packing her stuff, Emma looked at the wall in her mothers cabin. Swords, helmets. Will her mother finally be proud of her? Or will she never be enough? Looking down at her empty hands, she needed something from her mother right now. But Emma hadn't gotten anything from her mother just Annabeth. Picking her eyes up again she took one last look at the cabin and nodded not knowing if she would make it back. Walking out of the cabin she would almost feel a relief lift of her shoulders, her bag clung into her shoulder as she made her way to Poseidons cabin. Peeking round Emma saw Percy talking to Luke holding red shoes. I'll come back. Emma thought walking towards the sound of Chiron.

"Chiron." Emma said waiting for him to finish his conversation with Mr D.

"Yes Emma?" Chiron turned looking down on her.

"Did my mother give me anything or not?" Emma said still hoping.

"I'm sorry. No." Chiron said feeling bad for Emma.

"It's okay. She's always like this." Emma said as she started to walk off then stopped.

"Yes?" Chiron said knowing she'd stop. Sighing Emma would turn round.

"Do Percy and Grover make it out of this alive?" Emma asked her teacher. Chiron shook his head.

"That is something I do not know." Chiron smiled.

"She's going to fail." Mr D said watching the girl walk away.

"Not if she has Percy." Chiron said also watching the girl leave towards the camp boundary waiting for the boys.

••••

"Emma." Grover said walking towards the girl with Percy.