Waterland

After walking for what seemed ages, Percy and Emma finally walked up to an abandoned park. The ominous gate looked like it had been pried open or something very large had hit it causing the metal to fold. All that could be heard if the whistling of crickets.

"I haven't seen a lot of scary movies. But this is definitely how it starts." Percy said looking around at the gate trying to look inside.

"Yeah well I've never seen a scary movie. Only Moana." Emma said.

"Moana?" Percy asked.

"The first move I ever watched. The night Luca found me. He noticed I like the idea of a girl trying to solve everything. But also the idea of the girl being connected to something. Something she can call home. An anchor." Emma said.

"The ocean." Percy said.

"Yeah." Emma nodded.

"Well Emma if we don't die during this quest. Then I'll happily watch scary movies with you." Percy said smiling.

"Deal." Emma said.

"But before that we should get this over with." Percy said walking up to the gate. As he started to push the gate nearly getting through, mechanical sounds came from above him.

"Percy stop!" Emma shouted. "Don't move please!"

"What is it?" Percy asked.

"Just hold still." Emma said figuring something out.

"Emma!" Percy yelled.

"This isn't a normal amusement park. This is what a god built. Hephaestus built this." Emma said. "Just wait."

"Em!" Percy yelled.

"Just push through it." Emma said.

"Okay." Percy said. He didn't know why he 100% trusted Emma but he did. He didn't even hesitate to do what she said. He used his strength to push through coming out on the other end unharmed. Emma smiled proudly.

"It's meant to scare us." Emma said pushing straight though. Percy held his breath as Emma walked through. As she walked over to Percy standing by his side he relaxed.

"Now he knows we're here." Percy said looking at a counter with the number 2.

•••••

"This all makes sense now." Percy said. "Aphrodite." Suddenly, the Thrill Ride O'Love sparked to life.

"This is where they got caught. It must be in there. Come on." Emma said.

"Sure. Let's check out the scary alive ride." Percy said.

As the two floated on the water, the two looked around the tunnel from inside the boat.

"Thank God my sister's not with you." Emma said. "She would be screaming right now."

"Why?" Percy asked.

"She hates spiders." Emma said. "She's not scared of anything but spiders."

"And what about you? What are you scared of Emma Chase?" Percy asked taking her mind of things.

"Losing the ones I care about." Emma said. "Grover. I've already lost my mum. And Luca. In scared to lose Annabeth. Or Luke. Or you." Percy looked at Emma and smiled. "What about you Percy?"

"I don't know yet. I'm just figuring it all out as I go." Percy said. Emma nodded. The ride was long, all that could be heard was the creaking of the lights and the sound of the water. Until.....

What is love?
Baby don't hurt me
Don't hurt me
No more

That song echoed in the tunnel.

"What is happening?" Percy asked but before he could say something he looked to his left seeing Emma dancing to the music. Chuckling Percy watched her, until she had had enough.