Daddy Issues

"NO! EMMA!" Percy shouted as fell down into the depths of Tartarus.

"PERCY!" Emma screamed falling into the dark void at the bottom.

***

Gasping awake, Percy would look around breathing heavily.

"Woah." Emma said as she rushed over to his side in the back of the zoo lorry. "Bad dream?" Making eye contact with the girl he thought he lost in the dream he sighed in relief.

"Yeah." Percy said softly as he sat up against the side of the lorry.

"What was it about?" Emma asked sitting next to him.

"You." Percy said looking at her. "You fell into Tartarus. And I couldn't save you." Emma looked at him and nodded.

"Don't worry Percy. That won't happen." Emma smiled gently.

"Hey guys." Grover said walking over. "When we get to the Casino. Help me get all these animals out. They're all going to die if we don't."

"Okay." Emma said as she looked at Grover. Nodding Grover walked off again to be with the animals.

"You okay?" Percy asked. "After Luca?"

"I'll get used to the fact that he's gone." Emma said. "But I won't at the same time. Percy."

"Yeah?" Percy said.

"Your the only family I have left now. Lucas gone. My mother and sister are too bothered about power. Luke is slipping away. Your everything I have. You and Grover. I don't want to lose either of you." Emma said.

"You won't Em. Plus you're the one keeping us alone after all." Percy said smiling.

"Percy." Grover said flagging him over.

"Come Grover." Percy said getting up and walking over to Grover sitting across a lion in the cage.

"So what happens when we get to the casino?" Grover asked.

Emma sat with her back against the dirty lorry wall, staring ahead her head flashed with Luca's voice. His laugh. The last time she saw him. She was never going to see him again. She was never going to go home to him. She would never get to walk down the aisle with him. She would never go home again, now beads from the future summers spent at camp instead of going to Luca's would fill his death. She would never watch Moana with him again.
Percy looked over at Emma, seeing her dad at that moment he made a promise to himself. He would be the one to be there for her. He would be her home. He would take her home with him. He would be at her wedding. He would watch Moana with her. He would watch horror movies with her. He would watch her grow old with him. He would watch her kids play with his kids. He would make sure she lived till her hairs turned gray. He would fill the void from Luca. After all, Luca saved Percy, he could never repay that back. Tears fell down Emma's face as she wept putting her hand over her mouth trying not to make any sound. Looking up at the sky, she would shake her head.

"Why? Why? Why him? Why not me?" Emma said.

"It's not your time kid." A familiar voice said as a face appeared.

"Luca." Emma said softly.

"It's okay kid. Save Sally for me. Say hi. Tell her to take care of you. I would do it all over again for you and Percy to live." Then Luca's face disappeared.

"Um. We don't split up. Find Hermes, persuade him and get back on the road." Percy said looking back at Grover.

"And Emma? Is she okay to do this quest?" Grover asked concerned.

"I'm not going to let her out my sight. Or you." Percy said smiling. "Wait Emma what you said back at Hephaestus' trap was it true?"

"Yes Percy." Emma said looking up at the boys. "You're my best friend." The three looked around in the awkward silence and smiled. "For you know you'rere always my best friend."

"I know don't worry." Grover said as he chuckled. Filling the silence, the laughs of the three young children echoed.

***

If we have each other nothing can harm us. As long as he don't split up, we can get through this quest. I'm grateful for Emma and Grover I think I've actually made some friends here. Maybe something more. Just have to get my mum back and Zeus lighting bolt then my life can go back to normal. - Percy

***

"Question." Emma said as the van pulled to a stop. "Do you think we're friends in every universe?"

"Your head works in weird ways Emma." Grover said. "Cause that was random."

"She's a weird girl." Percy said smiling as he grabbed his backpack that Ares had given him. "And yes. Yes I do."

•••••

Getting out the lorry, the three of the children helped the animals out causing chaos amongst the humans.

"Do you think they're going to be okay?" Percy asked standing watching from the side.

"Yes. I gave them a saytrs blessing." Grover said.

"No. The humans." Percy asked. Cars honked, people shouted, animals watched them judging them on why they erred reacting the way they were.

"So where do you think the Casino is?" Percy asked as he looked to his left going to look for Emma but so no one. "Emma?" Percy looked behind him to find Emma had already started to walk in the direction of a large building with a lotus flower on the side.

"We would be goners without her." Grover said parting Percy's back and walking off.

"Yeah." Percy said walking with Grover.

••••

Walking into the Casino was like a wave of emotions. Excitement, confusion, anticipation, concentration.

"Okay. We split up and find Hermes." Emma said looking around.

"No. No way. We aren't splitting up again." Percy said. "Plus I don't know what Hermes looks like. You two do."

"Fine. Percy comes with me. Grover can you go by yourself?" Emma asked.

"Yeah." Grover nodded. "But. We meet back here at the entrance if we found Hermes or not in twenty minutes."

"Got it." Emma said.

"Okay." Percy said adjusting the bag on his shoulder.

"Okay." Emma looked at Percy then Grover. "See you in a minute Gro."

"See you in a minute." Grover smiled and walked off walking towards the distance among running children, noise and smell.

"Come on. We'll go this way." Percy said as he pointed to an escalator. Emma followed Percy and stood behind him on the escalator. "So what does Hermes look like?"

"You'll know when you see him. Or he'll call us out." Emma said getting off the escalator. Just then, Poker Face started to play around them.

"Okay great." Emma said.

"Wait. Hermes is the God of theft, travel, wealth and luck. Right?" Percy said. "Wouldn't he gamble."

"Percy. You're a genius. You just saved us searching for hours." Emma smiled hitting him on the shoulder gently but repeatedly. "Sorry I'm just really excited."

"For what?" Percy asked.

"For this to be over. So then I don't lose anyone else." Emma said softly.