Santa Monica

"Percy! Wake up! Let's go!" Emma yelled shaking the boys arm. Percy's hands turned white from the force of him holding the steering wheel of the taxi they had just broken into.

"We have to go to Santa Monica beach before we go to the Underworld." Percy said looking at Emma.

"Why?" Emma asked confused.

"Its my fathers will. He's going to meet me there. I'm finally going to see my father. Finally." Percy said smiling.

"That's great and all. But Percy. You're the one in the drivers seat. It's you were waiting on." Grover said patting Percy's shoulder. Emma chuckled to herself softly.

"Right." Percy said. "Okay. Hopefully we don't die."

"Come on Percy we believe in you." Emma said sarcastically. Percy rolled his eyes smiling and turned on the engine. Without knowing he was in reverse Percy pressed the gas, backing up into a brick wall.

"Okay maybe I just lied. But you still have to have faith right." Emma said putting on her seatbelt quickly.

"Nice and slow." Grover said putting on his seatbelt. Turning out of the car park, Percy found his control over the car.

"Okay. Here we go." Percy said.

•••••

Finally making it to Santa Monica, the three got out the taki that had ended up on the beach.

"Okay. I'll be back." Percy said looking out at the sea as clouds thundered from the sky. Zeus and Poseidon were getting angrier and angrier by the second.

"We'll be waiting right here Perc..." Emma said softly. "Go meet your dad."

"What do I say to him?" Percy asked looking at Emma then Grover.

"You'll know Percy. Now go before he changes his mind and goes." Emma said pushing Percy towards the ocean.

~~~
Watching Percy walk away from me was a feeling I never wanted to feel again. How could he walk away and not feel what I'm feeling? Maybe he liked someone else? Did he even like anyone? Probably Annabeth. Everyone likes Annabeth. But as long as Annabeth is happy. Wait they haven't even met probably? What? Why am I being so selfish? Percy is meeting his father. And all I care about is if he likes my sister or not.
- Emma

~~~
Walking away from Emma and Grover felt like I was walking away from happiness and most of all the feeling of home. I never wanted to walk away from them again. But this time I had to, Camp Half Blood relied on it. After this though I would sacrifice everything for my two friends. More specifically everything for Emma. Emma felt like home, safety, security. Hopefully one day she could be more. But right now my father was waiting for me. The quicker I got this done, the quicker I could come back to Grover and Emma.

••••

The clouds grew angrier over head of Grover and Emma.

"You think he's okay Gro?" Emma asked frantically walking back and forth.

"He's with his father. He'll be fine." Grover said sitting on the roof of the yellow taxi.

"It's been an hour." Emma said.

"How do you know you don't have a watch?" Grover said chewing on a Coke can he had gotten out of his pocket.

"I've been counting." Emma said.

"He's here." Grover said getting up. Emma looked over at Percy walking out the water wet and tired. Despite the distance Emma ran all the way.

"PERCY!" Emma yelled running into his arms. Percy's arms surrounded Emma tightly.

"Hey Em..." Percy said softly.

"You're okay right?" Emma took a step back and looked at him up and down to check for cuts or wounds. Forcefully, Emma turned Percy round to check his back.

"He's good Emma." Grover said hugging Grover. Emma turned him around again and hugged him. Instead of getting annoyed, Percy loved it. Percy wrapped his arms round her again. Emma's checks rested on Percy's chest.

"Don't do that. Don't leave me for that long again. Don't walk away from me." Emma said looking slightly up at him pulling away from the hug.

"I promise. I'd never leave you Emma. I owe everything to you." Percy said smiling. "But we have to go. To the Underworld. Come on."

"What did your dad say?" Grover asked getting back into the taxi/cab.

"It wasn't my dad." Percy said looking down.

"What?!" Emma shouted. "You came all this way to meet him! And he didn't have the nerve to show up for his son!"

"Woah. Emma. My ears. And he is on the way to Zeus." Percy said. "We have to get Zeus lighting bolt back now."

"Okay." Emma said. "Grover you drive."

"What why?" Grover asked.

"Percy needs rest and warmth. Your 24." Emma said. "Please Gro. I'll do your chores around camp for life just give Percy a rest."

"Okay fine." Grover said not turning down the chance.

"You don't have to Emma." Percy said softly.

"Get in the back Jackson." Emma said smiling as Grover got out the back and swapped places with Percy. Percy looked at the girl putting her feet up on the dashboard and smiled to himself as he spread himself out in the back seat. "Here." Emma chucked Percy two blankets from no where.

"Where did you get these from?" Percy asked putting them around him whilst he took of his wet t-shirt.

"Goddess of Wisdoms daughter remember?" Emma smiled getting comfy herself.

••••

Grover smirked as he focused on the road.