45

Briana knew that things with Warren had changed. They had been arguing nonstop and it was getting heartbreaking for Autumn. Briana had never wanted her daughter to witness them fighting.

She felt as though things with Warren had run its course. And she knew how it hurt her to admit that they could have been over. It was the last thing she had wanted. Especially as she had always done everything she could to give her little girl the perfect family.

Warren had been staying on the sofa. But other than that, he was never around. And Briana knew she didn't need or want that for her little girl.

It was safe to say that things were a complicated mess. And despite the way things had been, Briana knew deep down she didn't want it to be over.

She had always wanted to overcome all the odds and make it work with Warren. But she couldn't handle all the fighting between them.

All that Briana knew was that things weren't the same. And that she needed to somehow fix it all. Before it all went completely wrong.

Morning came and Briana walked into the living room. Warren was there. Briana sighed and looked to him. "Listen, I don't know what's going on with us. But I think for Autumn's sake, we pretend things are okay. I don't want her to be around our fighting. Or our negative energy," she told him.

Warren nodded. Knowing he wanted to protect their daughter. "Fine. But it's an act. I don't think we're working out anymore. Maybe we need some time apart," he said.

"I agree. You can stay here. But I don't think we should sleep together or be in a relationship until we can sort this out properly. It's for the best," Briana said.

Autumn toddled in and smiled. "Hi!"

Briana picked her up and held her close. "Hi baby. Mummy is going to make breakfast while daddy gives you a bath," she told her as she held her close.

***
Briana had taken Autumn to daycare. She smiled as she met with Kennedy. "Hey. How you doing?" Kennedy asked as she looked to her.

Briana shook her head. "I'm not. Warren and I broke up. I think it's for the best. Especially for now. I don't want Autumn around any fighting. How is it going with Patrick?" She asked.

"Ugh. Don't even. Emilie is staying with my mum. I just... I need to get away from him for a bit," Kennedy told her as she sighed. "It's not the same anymore is it?"

Briana shook her head. She looked to her and smiled. "We're gonna be okay. You know that right?" She said.

"I know."

***
Briana walked into the flat. She saw Warren there with Autumn. She smiled and sighed. "You look happy. With her," she said as she sat opposite them.

"She's my little girl. Might not be the best dad. But I'm her dad. And I'm going to protect her with all I have," Warren said.

"I don't doubt you."

Briana and Warren held a look with each other. But could they ever go back to how they used to be?