{the END}Part 16

Time.. Why when we are in our bad times everything seems stagnant, stuck. Even when around us all the supporting people are present, we are at our favorite place but the absence of that single person puts you down.

How much did we know each other, I think just a scratch, but the hope of knowing, loving each other knew no bounds. Why did it happen if we had to separate.

Should I call, should I text.. Or leave it. Do we make an effort or leave it as it believing it is meant to be this way.

Pondering, knowing that I have to leave this country in a week, something shifted in me.

I know the future is not in our hands, but I know if I don't do anything now, I will just regret it.

I rushed to Ilhoon's home running only finding out that he is in the concert. Again I thought is it for the better. But my heart was not ready to accept.

I waited for him at the door.

He came 3 hours later..

I smiled a little. But I could see it was anger on his face. I was afraid, but then his eyes we're saying else, maybe a tinge but I saw care and longingness.

"I need to speak to you"

"I don't think there's anything left to say"

"I don't know what happened, why it happened.. I agree I was not being reasonable, but there were many things going on. I am sorry, but that is all I have.

I am going back... "

He was saying nothing.. I just stood there.. I left.. Wanted to stay but it was hopeless.. Anger had engulfed him. That is all what I could do. Rest is in God's hand. And of course Ilhoon.

The day had arrived. I can't remember how many times have I checked my phone. But there was nothing.

I was at the airport, my friends came to see me off. It was very bittersweet.. The time had arrived but the heart was still hoping to see that one person..

Hye-Ri knowing hugged me and whispered 'Time to go Eva.. I know but it's time."

Tears welled up in my eyes. But I couldn't let them see and I turned to go for check-in.

1 month pass by.. I am in my Hometown doing my routine work.. There is a knock at my door.

Maa fetches it and calls my name.

"What Maa?? I am working"

.

.

..

EVA

.

.

I just couldn't believe what I heard.. I thought it was in my mind.

But the voice echoed again.. And this time I turned.

"Ilhoonnn"

"Eva.. "

The two just stared without uttering anything.

But it clearly meant all was not over.. There were many things to say. Or maybe nothing because past is in the past. Those things mattered nothing.

A bright light sparkled on both the faces and a flower bloomed in the corner signifying a new chapter.