Part 14

" Why is she staring at you?" Hye Ri asked Eva when they were all seated in the cafeteria.

Bon Hwa asked, turning behind"Who?"

"Bon-Hwa" Hye Ri stomped his feet under the table to which Bon Hwa let out a cry.

"Oh she. Ha-Jun. I really don't know what's up with her?" Eva exclaimed.

"I actually wanted to talk about it. It's already been a month since we have been paired up for the new gig and she seems to give a very different vibe. And more after I have been selected as the lead of the team."

She was an ever smiling and very polite woman but Eva felt a little uneasy with her.

"Hmm. Interesting..."Hye-Ri pondered looking at Ha-jun smiling at them.

A few days later Hye Ri and Eva met in the washroom. Their team was divided into different projects that resulted in Eva pairing up with a new photographer Ha Jun. And so sometimes in the corridors or the washroom was the only place for them to catch up on weekdays other than the weekends.

"Hey girl. How are you keeping up? " Hye-Ri teasingly, mockingly asked Eva.

"What do you mean Miss? Eva asked suspiciously.

"I mean Ilhoon-shi is in Japan. You must be missing your boyfriend."

"Hey...shh. You"Eva poked her elbow to her teasing friend.

The colour of their faces was gone when they heard the sound of the latch and a woman emerged from the bathroom who was none other than Ha-Jun.

"Hye-Ri ! you should have been careful. There are too many people here."

"Sorry Eva. I really didn't think it through before opening my mouth."

"He is already a little stressed because of that rumor. I cannot cause him more trouble.

And that too she. You know she is so worked up because of me heading that shoot.

"Ok calm down. It's okay. She won't say anything and if she says... We will see. We will talk to her."

Eva was thankful that after that eventful day nothing happened. She did not open her mouth. She thought maybe she is not that type of a person.

With these events Eva did not realize that quite a few months had passed since the day she stepped on this land. First it was just work and her friends but then Ilhoon entered her life. And even now sometimes she feels this is just a dream. Never did she imagine falling for him but now have fallen much deeper.

She pulled herself out of her thoughts and looked at her mobile screen again. It was a mail from her company reminding her that the one year contract was coming to an end in 3 months. Time really passes by quickly when you are happy, surrounded by your loved ones.

The company had also offered her a permanent position.

Before meeting Ilhoon, her plan was all made out - To take experience here working for one year, then return back to her parents and start working there. This was just a detour, to take a break, to escape from the surroundings that gave her pain. She had moved on, but she had to see his face everyday. But that was also not an issue if he and the one whom he cheated on her with wouldn't try to make her life more miserable.

But here she found him, who was so unlike any person she ever met.

And now she had a decision to make. No doubt she was scared, scared of the same fear. Also she never really got time to discuss it with him, or she really could not gather courage to ask, since it is not long since they started dating. He does know about this, that she is on a 1 year contract here, but it was long back. And now he is busy promoting outside the country.

Well she thought that she can accept this offer anytime but she would anyhow need to complete the formalities for her contract ending.

The next day she was filling out the forms of the same when Ha-Jun joined her.

"What is it? "

After peeking at it she said"Oh Right. You were here on a contract. So are you leaving?"

"Don't get me wrong. But I think you are doing the right thing. You cannot depend on boys... especially celebrities." she continued with her face showing utmost concern.

"What...What do you mean?" Eva was taken back. She did expect her to be happy that she is leaving, but why was she including Ilhoon in this matter?

"See Eva, I understand we are not good friends but as a woman I am saying this. I did hear everything that day in the washroom. It is good if you are dating him, but I am sure you are a mature smart woman and can see the reality. "

Eva was not liking where this was going, her heart was sinking deeper and deeper.

"And you are new here, but I have been here and, in this industry, forever. These things are not permanent. These famous people change their partners like clothes."

Eva's face had gotten pale, her breathing had intensified.

Ha-Jun patted her and went back.

Eva tried to complete the form, but her hands were trembling.

Eva's mind was split. One side was telling her - Eva, Trust Ilhoon. He said to trust him right. Let him come back and discuss. He surely will ask me to stay. He loves me. It's real, it's not fake.

While the other side - Come on Eva. Not again. Be practical. What are you doing? You know boys, how they are. Don't be dumb.