Chapter 9

Eva had reached her room late at night and the effect of the painkiller made her sleep right away.

The next day, she woke up quite late. She somehow cooked something for herself after keeping her phone at charging which had died.

Her phone started buzzing continuously with notifications which were odd because she wasn't expecting any calls or messages.

There were many messages but the one that caught her eye was from "Handsome Angel". It was surely Ilhoon.

Did he really save his number with this name?

When she was about to open the messages, Hye-Ri called.

"Hey, Eva. Finally, How are you? Were you sleeping?"

"Hi, Hye-Ri. Yes. These painkillers are making me so drowsy."

"Hehehe. Ok. Take a rest. I just wanted to inform you that we will visit you in the evening.

And don't worry about dinner. We will bring something."

"Aww. Thank you. But I am fine. Really."

"Yes, I know that." Eva could see Hye-Ri's eye roll.

After they bid goodbye, Eva finally was able to check Handsome Angel's messages.

------

Hey Eva!

Good morning...

How are you feeling?

Still, sleeping?

------

Eva saw a series of messages from handsome Angel

Why is he being so sweet now? Or was he always this sweet and I never noticed?

------

Hello Mr. Handsome Angel.

Good morning. Afternoon actually. I slept till late.

Yes, I am feeling better.

------

She waited for his reply but there was none. She dozed off again, as the medicines were still making her drowsy, when she finally woke up, it was already dark outside and she woke up to the sound of the doorbell. She went to open the door lazily but closed it immediately as soon as she saw who was knocking, only then she realized she was in her nightclothes and half awake and looking almost like a zombie. The person on the other side of the door Fully woke her up.

"Open the door Eva. That's so rude." He said laughing and faking hurt and knocking more on the door.

"Wait! Give me a min!" she screamed, hoping to the bedroom.

She quickly put on a hoodie and washed her face and set her hair a little bit and then opened the door.

Ilhoon barged in, totally ignoring her saying, "It's rude to close the door on someone's face, you know!!!".

For which she replied, "I wasn't expecting you". He ignored her and took in the new surroundings, then looked at her and only then he noticed, she was bare-faced. That innocent but a little tired weak face made his heart flutter.

Eva panicked when Ilhoon was not saying anything and just staring at her, she quickly checked herself if anything was wrong with the outfit. When she couldn't find anything she asked "What? Is something wrong? And how do you know where I live?"

With her questions, he was pulled out of his stance, clearing his throat he said "I texted you. You haven't read the messages." It felt more like an accusation than an assertion. And with that, he placed himself on the couch and patted the seat next to him.