Chapter 8

Hyunsik hyung came and offered me his hand, while Munhyuk hyung helped Eva stand up but as soon as she stood, she winced in pain.

Minhyuk(to Eva): Are you okay?

Eva: Ahh! It is painful. My ankle...

I made Eva sit on the chair while Minhyuk hyung was checking her ankle.

Minhyuk: I think you twisted your ankle. I hope it's not a fracture.

By now, all the people were gathered around us. Their DOP sent Eva with one of their staff to the hospital. We had to stay as our shoot was not yet completed.

It all happened so fast, I couldn't talk to her. Or say sorry. As it was my fault, I surprised her.

Damn Ilhoon!

I really hope she is okay.

I don't even have her number!

As soon as the shoot finished, I asked Bon-Hwa about Eva and took her number.

I convinced Eunkwang hyung to let me go to the hospital. I and Hye-Ri went to the hospital where she was. I tried calling her but she didn't pick up.

We came across the person with whom Eva came at the reception desk. I asked him the room number and rushed to where she was admitted while Hye-Ri continued talking with him.

My feet froze before entering the room because of the guilt. I took a deep breath and entered.

Her face looked worn out and she seemed to be in pain.

Eva POV

I was resting and looking out of the window. These 2 days have been so hectic. I just hoped that this was not a fracture. I cannot spend 2-3 months in my room.

I was drifting to sleep thinking all these things when I heard a familiar voice.

Ilhoon: Hi Eva...

Eva: Oh. Ilhoon-sshi you here ?

I did not expect him to be here. The shoot was still going on. And why would he be here?

Ilhoon: How are you?

Eva: Much better after taking the painkillers. The doctor says it is just a sprain but to rule out the fracture factor, they have taken X-RAY.

How are you? I made you fall as well. I am --

I was trying to sit while speaking and that made him come by my side and help me. His one hand was holding my hand and his other was placing a pillow behind me. Being so close to him made me forget what I was saying.

Ilhoon: Good to hear that it is not a fracture. I am okay...

I am really sorry, I didn't know this would happen.

I could see he was feeling very guilty and it wasn't really anybody's fault. Though I was feeling embarrassed thinking of what all led to this.

Eva: No. Don't say sorry. It wasn't your fault.

Ilhoon: Thank you :)

But you were starstruck by me.

Eva: What?! You!!!!! I Blushed real hard. So he saw me. OMG.. but to hide my embarrassment, I punched him really hard but then he started laughing, and he was unstoppable and I kept on hitting him but I could not help but join him, his laugh is so contagious. But then he suddenly caught my arm to stop me from hitting him.

We both had stopped laughing and were looking at each other, lost in each other's eyes.

Just then Hye-Ri entered. It startled us and made us come back to our senses.

And he left my hands immediately. I felt a sting in my heart. But Why?

Hye-Ri: Girl you got lucky. Your reports arrived and you don't have a fracture.

Eva: Thank God.

Ilhoon: So what now? When can she go home?

Hye-Ri: She can go now, but you cannot come to work.

For 1-2 weeks at least.

You have to take rest and not put much pressure on your leg.

My face dropped thinking about how I will have to stay 2 weeks at home. I will be so bored. And I just made friends here.

Ilhoon: It's okay, We will all visit you and will have fun.

Right Hye-Ri?

Hye-Ri: Yes Yes. We will come. We will help you out. No need to worry.

Eva: Thank you Guys. It means a lot.

All were leaving to go back to the hotel and pack all things. Then our team will collect me from here before returning.

Before Hye-Ri left, Ilhoon came by my side and hugged me and in a deep voice asked me to take care of myself before leaving. This was surprising but the sudden warmth made me emotional. I was trying to be strong for these past few weeks, trying to adjust to this new country all alone and feeling homesick and before realized, tears started falling from my eyes.

Ilhoon: Hey. Why are you crying?

He held me closer and wiped my tears.

Crying helped me relieve all the stress I had. But soon realizing where I was and with whom, I stopped.

Eva: Sorry.. Ilhoon-sshi.. Sorry... It's nothing.

Ilhoon: Are you okay? Is anything troubling you? Is it hurting very much?

Should I call the doctor?

Eva: No-No. I am good. Really.

Just then Hye-Ri called saying that they were waiting for Ilhoon to go back to the hotel.

Ilhoon: Ask them to go. I will stay.

Eva: It's nothing. I promise. You should head back with them.

It's just a sprain. I can stay here alone for an hour or so. It's not a big deal.

Ilhoon: Give me your phone.

Eva: Why?

Ilhoon: Just give.

I handed him my phone.

Ilhoon: I have saved my number now. Call me if you need anything.

Eva: Okay...

Ilhoon: Byee. Take care.

I smiled bidding him goodbye and waited for them to come.