13. Jocasta's Lament

Velvet no matter how hard she tried as the throbbing of an upcoming infection was forming, she couldn't bring herself to hate Veneer for what he had done to her.

After all she just like him, had many skeletons in her closet enough to fill the catacombs with, their ghosts draping themselves on her back, wiggling their nimble skeletal phalanges across her body.

She felt her chest heave as those nonexistent digits commenced playing the xylophone on her ribcage as the dark whispers haunted her nightmares. She never listened to all of them, if she did she'd end up in prison for so much more than just a simple trollnapping scheme.

But there were a few she'd purposely listen to, the tingling excitement of executing her depraved thoughts running circles in her head until she got dizzy made her bones feel hollow almost similar to a birds and her heart filled to the brim with joy as she'd let them lead her down much darker roads.

The intrusive yet welcomed thoughts that wiggled in her brain that she disgustingly almost giddily listened to was her disgusting feelings towards her baby brother.

The boy she sculpted from birth, her son, her Galatea. She made him who he was, molding him in her exact twisted image; a little parasite that craved attention and praise the same as she, but he was a worm and she the bird. Velvet was a stunning peacock, meant to be strutting it's vivid blue feathers behind a glittering cage for all to see and He was supposed to be her prey, hers for the picking, hers to love for now and forever.

Velvet knew she was sick, having this repulsive obsession that thrummed itself through her veins like plucked guitar strings but the exotic taste of the forbidden fruit with it's sloshing juices in her mouth coating her tongue made her crave the taste the way an addict craves a needle.

Those hot desires kissing her eardrums as they told her to linger her fingers on those soft plush thighs of his, to stare into those Neptune pigmented eyes that shone only for her. She much like Jocasta was cursed to crave the forbidden fruit of her bloodline.

She did love him like a mother lover her son but this new context of feeling blurred the lines of their disturbing relationship into muddled colors, neither black nor white; a disgusting murky grey that changed and grew more saturated with colors as the days passed.

but hated him all the same for what he had done to her, he had stomped on her heart, smooshing it into a bloody gooey pulp as with the encouragement from her replacement in his life, he had cut the strings that tied them together

Replaced.

Replaced

That word continuously bounced around in her conscious thoughts as she could feel her heart splintering in her chest.

She had been substituted and that's what bit at her the most with it's teeth chewing down on her broken heart, worming the clumps of bloody tissue down the imaginary creatures throat, consuming not only her heart but her mind as well.

She was replaced by a good for nothing whiny emo troll of all fucking beings. That same troll who got to witness her brother on his knees for him so pretty and willing to do anything to please.

She viscously loathed that fucking troll because he had her baby wrapped around his indigo fingers. If it wasn't for him, everything would've been fine, perfect even; they would've had their ambrosial nectar overflowing their cups as they were cuddled up together just like they used to while Veneer's favorite movie played in the background.

Her stomach twisted in knots as the stings of betrayal were festering in the pits of her intestinal tract. It should be her, she should've stood where that troll was, letting her thumb dance across those puffy lips that plead for forgiveness with his soft wind chime like cries and submission that left a delectable taste on both her and Floyd's tastebuds.