3: a new era

Turns out we trolls were much more lighter than I expected, with Veneer slugged over my shoulder whilst I used the new noose around Velvet's throat to tug her and crimp down the luxurious hall all of their weights no heavier than an thick overcoat.

My eyes wondered my surroundings that were painted with golds and pinks seamlessly blending in my vision as the lights over head started to flicker.

I wonder how long it would take for someone to realize that both twins were missing, it would probably take days and maybe that Kid Ritz guy would notice especially since he's taken a liking to Veneer.

The idea of Kid Ritz being near him made my insides want to throw themselves out of my mouth in disgust and my fist clench harder on the glittery chain.

I've seen from my diamond inclosure how Kid makes Veneer uncomfortable, his teasing and those pale pinkie purple hands that seemed a little too friendly wondering down to where they don't belong with Veneer's face grimacing at the sleazy behavior that was always excused with how happy he was to see the taller boy.

Veneer used to always brush him off by assuming that was just the way he is but I see past the slimy exterior and saw what he truly was seeking out; he wanted Veneer and made it obvious, but dear sweet Veneer was oblivious to his advances and just kept moving forward into his relationship with me, ignoring the waving red flags that loomed over his friendship with the blonde.

Veneer was isolated, that much I could tell based on his lack of social cues with an example being on how he tended to not understand if someone is being sarcastic or not despite being a sarcastic snob himself or how he'll get excited about something and blab on about the topic until Velvet had to cut him off.

Along with the fact that he grips onto new and exciting friendships that he earned with this new found fame.

Well it was really only Me and Kid Ritz, as  we were essentially the only two he actually won over with his faux snotty attitude but as a friend he valued the both of us so greatly, especially since Velvet controlled and snipped his social circles down to just him.

Velvet assumed that our friendship and further entanglement wouldn't have even taken off in the first place and therefore didn't include me in the analysis of her brother's friends.

But the blonde haired man who was allowed to be in Veneer's social circle wanted more out of that, which I don't necessarily blame him, Veneer despite his natural diva like attitude, was a darling underneath the surface with his soft nasally laughs that made my guts feel like they were swarming with bugs and his eyes that sparkled as he sewed together a new outfit.

I've fallen for the green haired man myself, however compared to me and this Ritz character I think I have a higher chance of reciprocation than he did especially since I had the upper hand.

My advantage being I knew Veneer, the real him, not the cold mean spirited heartless leech this kid guy knows him as. I knew his dreams of becoming a fashion model and his favorite color being cyan. I've seen the behind the scenes of his glamorous career and I've comforted him through the harsher nights where Velvet was feeling extra deranged than just throwing harsh words at him.

However I've noticed in the past year, he's been standing up for himself more and gaining confidence by taking singing lessons despite his already talented voice and not taking as much of Velvet's shit anymore.

I tried to tune out my thoughts as My cutlass hooves clicked a haunting melody that echoed off of the walls filling the once silent room with a click click noise which was followed by the Diamond behind me making scraping noises as it's exterior was sliding against the ground.