Chapter 14: Daehyun's Birthday Party Part 1

Daehyun //

Yesterday when Youngjae, my guy bestfriend and team mate at basketball club in our school was about to go to Hee Ra's house for me to talk and reconcile with her I bumped into that Bang Yongguk guy and with him were Jongup and Junhong. And thanks to the damn guy my plan on fixing things with Hee Ra was ruined after saying that she stayed all night at his place because she was really drunk.

"Dude, do you really don't know that guy?" Youngjae asked as we're here at a cafe waiting for Min, "That guy is Bang Yongguk, a war freak, troublemaker and a womanizer! Hee Ra is in a big trouble if she continue hanging out with that Badman?!" He said as he thrown his hands in the air dramatically.

"I knew it, I already don't like that guy's aura from the start!" I started off as I clenched my fists in annoyance, "But my question is, why she's still hanging out with that guy if she knows about his reputation?!" I questioned as I banged the table using my fists. Damn it Hee Ra! What the hell were you thinking?!

"Hey dude, cool down people are looking at us already," Youngjae tapped my shoulder as he tried to calm me down, "Besides, today is your birthday so, you should be happy!" How can I be happy if I know that Hee Ra is in big trouble?!

After a few minutes, Min already arrived, she gave me a tight hug and a pecked on my lips, "Happy Birthday, jagiya!" She greeted me with a big smile and handed me a small box wrapped with silver shiny paper, "Open it now!" She said and I did as what she said, it's a silver watch and it looks expensive.

"Wow! That's a nice watch, and it looks expensive, isn't it?" Youngjae piped up while her mouth was in letter o shape.

"Oh hi there Youngjae!" Min chuckled as she forgot to greet him earlier, "Nah, it's not that expensive anyway, it's worth it for the birthday of my beloved jagiya." Min is from a wealthy family unlike me so, she's always buying me such things though I told her already she don't need to. I don't like it when she's giving me gifts especially expensive one.

"Thank you jagiya, but isn't this too much?" I really feel bother accepting pricy things from her or to anyone else, "I don't think I can accept this?" I stated an her smile faded.

"But I picked and bought that especially just for today, your birthday." She whined then pouted, "Don't be like this jagiya, please accept it already. Look it suits you very well!" She said then wore the watch on my wrist.

"Come on dude, don't be a girl and just accept it, it's your birthday and like what Min said you're worth it to receive a gift like that." What can I still do? Two versus one, how can I win against that, huh?

"Fine," I sighed as a sign of defeat, "I'll accept it, thank you so much jagiya." I hugged Min then her smiles were back again.

"Anyway, what's the plan? Where are we going to celebrate your party?" Min asked excitedly, "Where's Hee Ra?" Hee Ra usually acts as my party planner but I don't think she has a surprise birthday party for me this time? I really miss her so much, I wish she's here, I actually don't care about the party, foods, and gifts what I just want is her greetings while wearing her big smiles that she only shows to very few people.

"I don't think she's coming today," Youngjae said then let out a deep sigh, "They got into a fight and this time it's not the usual fight, it's something serious that's why I don't think Hee Ra planned a surprise party for this dude this year."

"What?! Seriously? What happened?" Min shot me a questioning face, "You two should make up now, it's your birthday your best friend should be there at your party?" She said while throwing her hands in the air dramatically.

"How can that happen if there's no party?" Youngjae raised an eyebrow then Min crossed her arms over her chest.

"Hee Ra is not the only one here who can host a party, you know?" She stated then wore a cocky smile, "I'm also here, his girlfriend and I guess it's just right for me to host his party this year, right?" Youngjae seems to be amused at Min, I actually don't like to celebrate this year but I can't just tell that to Min, right? "But jagiya, you still need to reconcile with Hee Ra so, I'm inviting her later."